Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP instllation on UNIX

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going to plan sap instillation on unix, in this Dev, QA and PRD we need to install with portal system.

SAP system : ECC6 EHP5

Portal system: Net weaver 7.3 EHP1

Data base : Oracle 11g

Please Guide me for this installation , which UNIX version is best and before installation what is the prerequisites in UNIX system.please help me.

Thanks

J Jana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We cannot tell you which Unix is the best. You need to use a supported OS (Unix) for the installation.

Read the installation guide.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100010930852014E

To know the supported OS check PAM

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=pvnr%3D01200615320900003612%26pt%3Dt%257CPLTFRM%26ainst...

Regards

RB

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts

I ve sap installation disk for NT

Now I wont to install SAP on solaris

What are prerequisite?

from where I can get the installation disk for solaris for education purpose..

--thanks in advance

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RB/Deepak,

Thank for support.

I need help regarding unix (HP-UX) prerequisites, what i need to set the directories and how to set this for sap installations and any other setting or installations we need for before sap installation. please help me and send me any documents or links related this.

Thanks

J Jana

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The list of files systems required for the SAP installation is provided in the installation guide.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100010922012014E

Check 4.3 Required File Systems and Directories

For Oracle 11G installation you need to make sure that the OS patches are installed prior to the Oracle installation. Refer this link for the patches to be installed.

Oracle® Database

Regards

RB

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Thank you very much.

I have installed so many SAP systems in windows with SQL SERVER.First time i am going to install SAP on UNIX, is there any other prerequisites please tell me if is there.

Thanks

J Jana

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As long as you have all the OS patches installed on the server for the Oracle installation and the prerequisites from installation guide done for the SAP installation you should be all fine and good luck for the first UX/ORA/SAP installation.

RB

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Thank you very again.

I am closing the loop, If i have any doubts i will open again.If you have posible give me your mail id or any other contact no, that is so much help full for me.

Thank you again.

Thanks

J Jana

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello J Jana

Sharing contact information is prohibited on SCN.

You can always raise a thread and tag people for attention or even send them a message by following them.

Regards

RB

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rb,

Thank you very much.

Thanks

J Jana

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janardhan,

Firstly check PAM to confirm which OS platform is support for your setup.

Once this is confirmed you may select the Server and OS based on company's requirement. If other SAP systems in your landscape is on Linux , suggestion would be to go with Linux so that all systems have synchronized.

There is no guidelines that which OS is better than other. Selection of OS will depend on its compatibility with SAP platform plus your ability to support the same.

To perform the installation please refer installation guide for EHP5 available on SAP service marketplace.

High level guidelines

1) Identify the server and OS on which installation needs to be performed

2) Define the file system layout and create required mount points . Search SCN for threads relevant to this.

3) Download all the necessary DVDs , extract and upload it a common mountpoint

4) Setup necessary environment variables

5) Startup installation with root user

6) Perform post installation steps

Regards,

Deepak Kori