Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement Type 'X' and Special Procurement Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Need some advice over this topic.

Material with procurement type 'X' can either be procured externally or manufactured in-house. The problem is :

#1. If a special procurement type that corresponds to external procurement say for example '30' is set in Material master. I don't find an option to have this converted into a process/production order.

#2. Whereas If a special procurement type that corresponds to in-house production say for example '52' is set in the Material Master. I have almost every possible function's visible.

How do i get to the view process/production order for case 1 in the 'Additional Data for MRP Element' screen of MD04 ?

Please do help out.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208398
Active Contributor

Rahul,

Please re-read the SAP help related to special procurement key.

I know for sure the answer lies in there!

Here is what the F1 help says:

Use

You use special procurement when you want to be able to override the procurement type in the material master or define the procurement type more precisely.

If the procurement type is in-house, you can nevertheless force the system to ignore the BOM and routing, and process the material as if it were externally procured, by specifying the special procurement as external.

Now please check OMD9 configuration for the SP Keys that you are testing, it will be clear.

Good luck!

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajen,

Thanks for your comments.

For 30 - of course it's 'F' and for 52 it's 'E'.

So meaning that even if the procurement type is 'X' restrictions made in the special procurement key would be given the higher degree of preference ?

#1. If so let's take a scenario wherein i have the procurement type to be 'X' and Spl proc. key as '30'. And that material is procured externally only if the work center's capacity is overloaded. In that case how do i get to convert the planned order into a process/production order ? Can this be addressed only via quota ? or anything else ?

Regards,

Rahul

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Obviously SP key will be given the higher priority (provided no quota arrangement).

Special procurement keys are used when your procurement scenario can't be defined by purely internal or external procurement type (E, F). For example, SP key 30 in standard is used for subcontracting which is a different procurement scenario altogether.

Regarding quota, yes, you can address via quota if you are trying to achieve multi-sourcing in procurement (it can be mix of in house, external, subcontracted and STO). As far as your intention is concerned in this discussion, I cannot find any requirement of special procurement key at all. You could have tested without SP key and with a procurement type 'X' only.

Best Regards.

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajen,

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (0)