cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report and Log4net error 1.2.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi at all,

I have problem on Crystal Report and log4net.

It happens when I deploy the Web applications on the server.

I'm using Visual studio 2013 update 2, and I'm using log4net 2.0.3 (1.2.13) and I'm using CRforVS2013_13_0_10, the last.

When I deploy my application on the target machine, where I have also installed the runtime 64 bit for Crystal Report, I found this error:

ERROR 2014-07-31 16:26:42,721 1528053ms 8Euro                  - IP:192.168.0.38    - HOST:192.168.0.38 DumpWebRequest                           -  ERROR: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Exception StackTrace:   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.pages_reportviewer_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

ERROR: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.

ERROR: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Exception StackTrace:   at CrystalDecisions.Shared.SharedUtils..cctor()

ERROR: Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Not able to extract code, error:Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

Exception StackTrace:

On my local Visual studio it works, works fine.

But when I'm deploying on Server, 2008 win 64 bit, I found this error.

I've tried everything, I've installed also the runtime 64 bit on the target/server machine.

The problem is that the log4net is not registered in the windows\assembly directory on the target server ? Do I have to use the Gac util to register the log4net dll assembly ?

Please help me, It one day that I'm facing this error, but I'm not able to solve.

Regards

Vittorio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vittorio

Please enter the search string 'log4net crystal net' into the search box in the top right corner. When the results come up, click on the Support Notes link. That will filter for the KBAs that you want to have a look at.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ludek,

I followed your suggestion but it didn't solve.

I'm sure I found the solution.

The target machine is a x64 bit machine.

When I publish my web application, I need to specify that the target machine is a 64bit, so build the web deploy for a x64 machine.More, I have also installed on the target machine the runtime, the last runtime, for Crystal Report x64.

Finally, The application pool for the target site has not to enable 32 bit applications, if the 32 bit is enabled Crystal Report crashes with log4net.

This solved for me.

Answers (0)