cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten a resolution to the error message: Fatal system error , database is unreachable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Larry.

Has anyone gotten a resolution to the error message: Fatal system error , database is unreachable.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Larry,

you'll need to supply a lot more information on this.

what version of cr are you using?

is this an application that you're building and if so what sdk?

is this happening in the cr designer, and / or in your app, and / or in the enterprise environment?

what database?

what driver?

what is the platform situation...i.e. are you using citrix, vmware, windows server 2008, etc.

i'm also moving this discussion to the database connectivity forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie,

i don't think this is db related. We are having the same problem now (12.7.0.1983) and it does not go away after a while as other blogs suggest. You can manually connect to whatever db and take it from there.

For us it started on Friday and is still happening. Windows 7SP1, connecting to Oracle CMS, no connectivity problem when using other clients i.e. Import Wizard, WebI RichClient etc on same machine. There are several hundred clients in our environment so reinstalling is not an option.

If there are any ideas please provide some guidance.

Regards,

Jo

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jo,

i would suggest that since you're using an enterprise product that you contact customer assurance if you don't get an answer on this topic via the forums.

since this issue is not actually happening in crystal reports connectivity (the issue is related to cms connectivity and not in the crystal reports designer) then i  would suggest that you create a new discussion in the bi platform forum. sorry, i cannot move it from here as i don't have the rights.

-jamie

Message was edited by: Jamie Wiseman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a new SAP Note out on this: 2048818, confirming the problem is not related to the db but with the Crystal homepage or start page, however it does not impact the usability of the product.

Jo

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Jo,

Larry, does this sap note that Jo has referenced solve your particular issue?