cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Performance Issues - All Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured a few standard Fiori applications in ECC NW 7.4.  We have the latest version of Gateway and the UI add-on(SP09).  I've searched and applied all relevant OSS notes.

From the Fiori Launchpad when I click a tile to launch an application(any application) it goes to the application and I get the "spin" indefinitely.

I've looked at the Network tab of the Chrome Debugger and there are no errors.  The Console log shows this error - but I'm not sure if it's related to my problem: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'r' of null

Oddly, when I hit the "Refresh" while it is spinning, the page appears and stops spinning.  This happens each time I enter an application.  I'm really at a loss, any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

*Edit: I removed the custom Theme that I build(Using the UI theme designer) and it works fine now.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Loading custom theme issue was fixed in the SAPUI5 library 1.22.7.

Please look at the note 2019136 - Corrections for SAP NetWeaver UI Add-On 1.0 SP09 and apply 1.22.8.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

for me it is still not working. Unfortunately I don't have any time for deeper investigations and the system is not productive.

Maybe it does not work for us because Note 2019136 cannot be applied because our system was patched to 7.40?

former_member208255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Any good news from the SAP support for the OSS note.

Thanks in advance,

Bhaskar N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Sadly the OSS note is still with SAP - no updates to report yet.

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

that is really sad. I can't understand why this takes so long. Seems that this has nil importance for SAP at the moment.

@ : I also do not think that the root cause is a custom theme because I get the same error when I select a theme diferent than Blue Crystal.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Please check the SAPUI5 library version.

SAP Fiori - UI Add-on SP09 update troubleshooting

Regards, Masa

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I already followed the advice in the document. We are already on 1.22.5. It seems that the number of errors is lower since the upgrade from 1.22.4 to

1.22.5 but still we get the following error multiple times:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'r' of null core-min-3.js:99

sap.ushell.utils.handleTilesOpacity

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this problem even in the std SAP theme. when I click on any of the tile to get into the app. if there are any updates pls share. In the meantime I will create a OSS too. thanks

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

So the root cause was in custom theme?

Regards, Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Yes - the issues are with all custom themes in our system. I've created an OSS message to see if we can get this resolved.

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

did you get an answer for your OSS message? I experience the same error wit a custom theme on NW 7.4 UI SP09.

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately I have not, SAP is still investigating the issue and the OSS message remains open.  I will update the status here as soon as I have resolution.  For now we are just using the standard Blue Crystal theme.

former_member208255
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

I am also facing same issue, can you please let us know did you get any solution from SAP support. We need this very urgent..

Thanks in advance,

Bhaskar N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Unfortunately we are still waiting on a response to our OSS note.  In the meantime we are using the standard Fiori theme. I'll update this thread as soon as the issue is resolved.