cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borders with crystalreportsviewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this community board.

Currently, our company is licensed on Crystal Reports 2008. We are looking to upgrade so I am testing the latest version and I can't see to figure something out that is bugging me to death!

These borders, I want to remove.  I have created an asp.net page that uses the CrystalReportsViewer and it works excellent!

When I open this report in Crystal Reports 2013 trial, I don't see these borders. I only see these borders when viewing it from the browser (crystalreportsViewer)

Can someone point me in the right direction in removing these borders?

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

See if this KBA will help"

1344534 - How to change the documentView for a Crystal Report web viewer

BTW, the above KBA can be found by using the search term 'crystal net viewer border' in the search box in the top right corner.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your time Ludek!

I have added this modification to my web.config and it took the grey away but I still see a frame on the page. Here's an update screenshot.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if going into the properties of teh viewer and setting the BorderStyle to "None" will do the ttick:

- Ludek

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Joseph,

you may wish to check out the viewer methods available in the javascript api. that should give you an idea of what else is available in the cr 2013 viewer.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_cr_js_api_en.pdf

weblayout only shifts the viewer into the top left corner so as to eliminate the gray space created by a screen size larger than the report page size.

most of the properties available in the js api are also available as url switches for opendocument. some of these properties are also used in the webelements library.

also, the cr2008 viewer had more properties available it seemed to clean up the viewer so that it could be embedded seamlessly into web pages. cr2013 seems to be missing some things.

-jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea why my BorderStyle is greyed out? I'm unable to modify this setting on vs2010.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie, thanks for your advice. I am looking to make this a very simple report to display for our employees. I only need it to display the report and only the report on this page.

Do you have a better suggestion then the way I'm currently going about this?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, no I have not seen the property disabled. Can you try a new project, just throw a viewer on it and see if the property is enable there?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I could join this discussion I would appreciate it.... I am running VS 2013, Crystal Reports ver 13 and having the same border problems.

When I try to print from the browser all I get is a blank page with Page 1 of 1 in the top right hand corner and the URL where the report is coming from at the bottom with the date...

Would you be able to point me in the right direction as to how to remove these

borderlines and print.... Thanks so much

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

And welcome. I'm a little lost on how to connect a viewer border issue with a printing(?) issue?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for the comeback..... The Visual Basic program I have was originally written using Visual Studio 2003. We then update to Visual Studio 2008 and I am attempting to add a new processing piece to the program and update it to Visual Studio 2013. This is the first time I have had an issue with the report having borders around it. When the report is generated it is put to a web page and the user just prints it. But now it has borders around it and when they try to print it is a blank page as I stated before. It also had a Group Tree and a Main Report tab at the top and through internet searching for solutions I found that in the code to build the report there is an option

HasToggleGroupTreeButton  which when set to "False" gets rid of the Group Tree and Main Report tab. I have also added an option BorderStyle="None" in an attempt to get rid of the borders but it has not removed the borders. Through searching the Internet I have found that quite a few people are having this same problem but no solutions found. I have not found anyone with the problem of printing a blank page. I posted this on the Microsoft Visual Studio forum first but they referred me to the SAP site.... I would go back to VS 2008 but once you have updated to a new VS version you can't go backward..... Thoughts??  Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I have resolved my problem by losing all the programming I have done and going back to VS 2008.

If there is some way the people at SAP can be notified that this I happening they need to know.

If anyone there wants to contact me, my email address is <please use Direct Massage>.

You can pass all the information I have given to you on to them. Thanks again for responding...

Robert Bassman

Farmers Life Insurance

Mercer Island, WA

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher Email in address removed. As per the SCN Rules of Engagement, reference to direct emails is not allowed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! This appeared to fix my problem. I did end up having to remake the project.. not sure why mine was grayed out by default.. but it is working now

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, I created a new project in VS 2008, using CR 2008 SP 7. I et the same behavior using this version of CR as CRVS. Perphas there is a learning in here for me; what properties, etc., did you have to set in order to achieve the display you are looking for? A screenshot of what you are seeing when using CR 2008 would also be appreciated.

- Ludek

Answers (0)