cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable delete button in PO Modify transaction

Former Member

Hi

I am new to SAP. I want certain user to prevent deleting PO line item in ME22N transaction (either by disabling delete button). Please let me know how go about it. thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may create a transaction variant in SHD0 for ME22N transaction and maintain the deletion  button as invisible as shown below:

Activate the variant, and check again in ME22N.

You can activate the variant to specific users who are not supposed to delete the item. Refer the doc: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a070bfbb-d34a-2d10-b092-ecbe0b0d4...

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT

Thanks you so much for your help. Your solution is working. I can able to assign group variant to specific users.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will care full for next time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I completely agree with & bcoz if we remove the checkbox activity 02 user can't able to use ME22N.

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Be more careful when pinging people, dont select the wrong one.

When you want to make use of this feature you need to move the mouse of a user name and read how the user name is displayed in the status bar of your browser.

This is what you basically need to type.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is also not my profile.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

corrected it

former_member619089
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stevin,

The best and the standard way to do this is handling this with Authorization matrix. you need to make two roles for ME22N, in first one give the full rights and in second one document give the rights of Delete. This will the object level authorization. Your Basis consultant must be aware of this if you will tell him the object name M_BEST_BSA and in ACTVT do not check the checkbox of delete.

Regards

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tested that ? I've already tested it, not working. Still user can delete the PO line item.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the 06 delete activity is used for data archiving and covers the physical deletion, the setting of the deletion indicator in a PO item is just a 02 change activity

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly, and if we remove the activity 02, then user can't able to use ME22N. System will prompt the error "Missing authorization: Pur. Order Change Doc.Type XX "

former_member619089
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

No I have not tested it. Thanks for the information

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally system will behave differently with different user during every transaction with 3 reasons.

1. Authorization matrix

2. SHD0 - Transaction variant

3. Any custom development.

As you want to make the option disable for some user and enable for some user. Then you have to choose one of above method.

I doubt, here authorization matrix will not work, because I can't find any authorization object for certain option. You can also use custom authorization object for the particular purpose. Please consult with your BASIS team.

Or you may have to choose one within other two options.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Discuss with basis consultant and find authorization object, restrict certain users to select deletion flag in ME22N by creating a role(PFCG) for authorization object and assign this role to user profile(SU01) of certain users.

Regards,

Biju K