cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element Derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I created a coding mask and I'm want to do an automatic derivation for the WBS Elements when I create the project

Ps: Without making validations.

Is it possible?

For example:

I created a coding mask: R -0000.XX.XX.00

The level 1 must be: R-0000

Level 2: XX

Leval 3: XX

Level 4: 00

If the user input level 2 by this: R-0000.XX.XX, will get an error.

Regards,

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You further want to segregate your Project Coding Mask into WBS Creation and that too based on Levels.? I don't think you can do that. I am not sure but I think whatever project coding mask you have configured is applicable to entire project/wbs creation that is irrespective of levels being created.

Your query can be achieved through validations but I do not understand why you don't want to go for this.

(I may be wrong with my advise or might be I am not aware of other workaround solutions. Lets wait for others experts to comment on this).

Regards,

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for the adivices.

That is what I thought, I will need a validation for this case.

I was trying to find another way, because will be a lot of validations, my mask have around 8 ou 9 levels.

Thank you again,

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, That is what experts have suggested you. You need to go for Validations.

Please close this thread if you have got the solution.

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Validation can work in this case, it can be achieved through development also. But what is the reson behind such a constrained nomenclature of WBS. Please specify. You will get better workaround for this.

Thanks

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any how project creation will check coding mask and according to that system will allow to put wbs length as you mentioned in coding mask XX is two character for level 2 then will allow to put two character only.

but this is not a good practice so let me know any specific reason why you want to implement it?

such may be it can be achieve by substitution rule like if PRPS-STUFE = 2 then system might be .XX in existing level 2 wbs as R-0000.XX check there is more work around so far.

Regards,
Sanjeev