cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming BI Web Services in IDT

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have published a WEBi block as web service that I am trying to consume as data source for universe in Infromation Design tool.

I am able to create a relation connection to published web service using Generic | Web Services (WSDL 1.1) | Web Services Connector.

In data foundation above connection does expose various "GetReportBlock_ ..." objects that I can add as table into my data foundation. Like,

None of these obejcts show structure as per structure of the WEBi table that was published as web service. Instead, it shows whole bunch of input variables, like,

Now, here I am not sure what value to provide to these variables, they all show up as mandatory. And if I add these as it is into businesslayer, create test quey on these objects, I get failed to refresh error.

My question is,

- Is it even possible to do what I am trying?

- Is this something to do with web services configuration / settings on my BI server?

Also, I am able to consume this web service in a new WEBi docuement (as a test) successfuly.

My server is BI 4.1 SP2 P2.

I have see some blog on the subject, wherein they show that IDT is able to consume a web service, but that is not coming from BI Platform and is external,  http://scn.sap.com/community/semantic-layer/blog/2013/08/30/bi41-creating-a-universe-on-top-of-a-web...

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you much !!

IMS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I worked with BIWS on Dashboard 4 with sucess.

The only limitation was that you cannot use crosstab tables.

Why you are using this kind of structure? I guess you will have several performance issues when trying to join the WS table with another one.

What requirement do you have?

0 Kudos

Hi Silvestro,

what I want to do is to have the resulting vtable of webservice availabe in IDT, just like any other table so that I can possibly use and join it with other table.

What I am seeing in IDT is not table structure that you usually are able to map to in Xcelsius. In the example, see link in my origical post, it shows that table.

Thank you,

IMS