cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I record customer interaction captured through Hardphone conn. to SAP CRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I'm currently working on one of the proposals for SAP Contact Center implementation with SAP CRM also supporting Hardphones. Client has this requirement to capture interactions from Hardphone in the form of recordings in CRM system.

I'm aware of BCM softphone having option to record customer interactions both at Client and Server side but the client would like to record hardphone interactions and store in CRM system. How could this be acheived?

Would be of great help if you could share the config documents for the same.

Thanks

Chiroy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiroy,

BCM cannot record client interactions without the assistance of a third party application such as Vierent or Nice.  Client interactions meaning the performance of the Agent on his or her personal desktop, such as key strokes and open files etc.

What BCM can do is record all voice packets between the client and the agent.

It will do this with users on a Hardphone, in MTD mode, using Convergence or the CDT.

There is no restrictions to recording unless you make them so.

There is no need for supporting documents as this information is covered in several existing SAP guides.

Also, these recordings once created, can notify CRM of the storage location in BCM and attach the path of the recorded file to the Interaction Record.  This is all done as part of the CAD from BCM. This is option is available via the OII link in BCM but requires CRM customization to work properly.

It should be noted that this recording feature is only active if you have server side recording, not client side.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Many thanks for sharing about third party applications that assist in recording client interactions. This is what I was looking for which indeed is very helpful. Full points

Thanks

Chiroy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chiroy,

It is my pleasure.  Glad you found the information you were searching for.

Please feel free to rate helpful posts anywhere within the SCN network.

Thanks,

Marcus