When I was accessing FB, I saw this advertisement

http://www.sunfrogshirts.com/SAP-Tee-Black.html?8091

Is this SAP approved advertisement? 

G. Lakshmipathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The small troop gathers around a campfire on a warm but cloudy Friday evening.  A pair of stars hang low in the eastern sky, barely visible. Raindrops are lighly drumming on the walls of the tents.

The Warrior Lakshimipathi stares into the fire, dwelling upon the nature of the Ātman.  He idly poses a question to the small group of Merchants and other travelers, who are resting here for the night.

Silence follows, except for the crackling of the embers.  Finally, a few learned members of the troop utter their observations.  Many nod in agreement, but few speak.

The Sage Marilyn, ever driven by words, rises and addresses the small group.  She expounds at length upon the ways of Saṃsāra. The troop silently considers her words.

The raindrops slow, and finally stop.  Clouds begin to clear, and more stars slowly begin to appear on the southern horizon. Crickets commence their chirping.  Shadows from the fire dance upon the trees; the trees almost seem to move in time with the fire....

The dog that is not a dog stirs from his small shelter under a dense shrub covered with thickly veined fronds.  He moves closer to the fire and settles into a small depression between the Warrior and the Sage. The dog does not understand the nature of the Ātman, nor the laws of Saṃsāra.  He only knows the warmth of the fire.  He finally closes his eyes and his mind begins its journey to the realm of Mara; of dreams.

Things pass, but the essence remains. The water flows ever onward, but the river stays.  A Lotus petal falls into the river, and drifts southward to the sea, toward its destiny.

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

And a blessed traveller admires the beauty of the dog.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't seem to infringe on copyright or trademark.  And it could mean so many things.  Examples "I can't keep calm because it is such a dynamic place to work".  "I can't keep calm because work is intense and challenging".  Or maybe "I work in the Maple Syrup industry and I need to drill the "sap" out of trees and I can't keep calm about my work with sap". or....it might be a sentiment that needs some kind of analysis and response....hard to tell.

There are at times levels of absurdity when it comes to finding fault.  Sometimes we can just take a breathe and laugh at ourselves.  It is a much healthier approach than constantly having "angst" about things gone wrong.  We can also look to address things with humor.  Perhaps that is the motivation behind the T-shirt.  Not really clear....And humor isn't always universal.

I don't know who I would approach to have your question answered about this "ad".  I do know that we can become absurdly fixated on "rules" and create a great deal of "uncalm" by doing so.

Have a great weekend! Stay calm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't look like it is.

KumAnkit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I don't think its an approved advertisement....

Regards,

Ankit