Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOFC security implemention using BOE platform

rakesh_anumalla
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on BO reporting and very new to BFC. our client has BFC system and a BOE 4.0 system in place.

they want to develop reports few reports from BFC system in BO Webi and Lumira. also they have various levels security implemented in BFC.

Clients want to have security implemented and one place i.e BO CMS system. Experts, Kindly help me with solutioning to the problem statement.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

SAP Financial Consolidation enables you to manage users and user security withinthe BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4 platform.

For more details, you can refer to the security guide in the Help Portal.

Regards,

Siwar

rakesh_anumalla
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have been through the help documentation about the integration of BFC user security in BOE CMS using external authentication. however it doesn't talk anywhere about the data level security being implemented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

When creating WEBI reports based on Financial Consolidation data, you should be able to maintain/inherit the data security level for FC users (thanks to the use of SSAS Datapump).

I suggest that you have a look on the following wiki article describing the procedure to do so:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CPM/Create+a+WEBI+report+based+on+BFC+data+in+v10

Kind Regards

Mariam

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for youy reply.

What do you mean by data level security?

Are you talking about functional profiles about FC users?

Regards,

Siwar