SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Error BP629 Eventhough budget already exists.

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have migrated into BCS from FBS, now we are facing the probelm the newly posted budget which is posted from FMBB.

Profile we are using 101 with Payment budget.

Scenario Example:

Budget Uploaded in F1+FC1+CI1 = 10000

FMAVCR01 is showing in Consumable Amount = 10000

now if i try to post the PO with above Account assignments , sytem is triggering the BP629 Error Message with Payment Budget Exceeded.

I have maintained the AVC Filter settings for Budget types.

Anybody please hlep on this.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BP629 is not a message from BCS, but from former budgeting. You should check your settings for BCS.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I have run the migration steps according to migration tool given in IMG. i also did the BCS configuration and activated the BCS. Do i need to deactivate any settinges related to Former budgetting in the configuration after the Migration Run.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, if BCS is activated (Activate Global Functions for Budgeting) it is enough to 'deactivate' the former.

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your Reply.

I have already activated this from year 2014 before we run migration program.

can you please suggest what could be the possible reason for below error.

Item 010 F0001 /2050500 payment budget exceeded

Message no. BP629

Diagnosis

In document item 010 F0001 /2050500, payment budget on F0001 /PURCHASE for
fiscal year 2014 , Fund 51 , was exceeded by 0,29 USD.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

0 Kudos

Normally, BCS activation should be enough. However, if you still receive errors from Former, deactivate AVC control in 'Deactivate/Activate Availability Control' activity for Former Budgeting.

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have deactivated the Availability Control in Former Budeting now system is not throwing the Error BP629.

Thanks  for your support.

Regards

SAM.

0 Kudos

You can close the issue, then. Also, please, revise your other issues: majority of them remain open for many months.