cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setllement WBS in CJ88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to explain my scenario and asking you guys if you see feasibly to get this:

We have several types of documents posted in the same period in a specific WBS. One is posted in a investment GL account and the others in expense GLs. We want to settle them in the same period with different features and according two different settlement parameters:

- Investment posting needs to be settled against a Fixed Asset. for this we can set the Settlement rule FXA and in the settlement parameters, we have specific parameters. One of them is the the PA transfer structure empty in order to get a financial document for the settlement.

- GLs posting needs to be settled against Profitability segment. We set the Settlement rule PSG. Also we set the Settlement parameters like a specific PA transfer structure in order to get the receiver PA segment arrives to a specific line of the P&L account. There is a line for the expenses in the WBS elements.

The settlement parameters are at WBS level not at settlement rule level so each time I try to make a settlement by CJ88 the system is taking both settlement rules. I also tried making a settlement with only one rule and them changing the parameters but the settlement takes the whole amount imputed in the period in each settlement.

Do you anyone know a way to get my requirement?

Many thanks in advance and Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use source structure. You make a separate source structure for investment GL and another source structure for Expense G/L. in settlement rule, you can maintain FXA as settlement receiver for the investment Source structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I agree, if you maintain two settlement rule on a WBS with different settlement receiver and if you do CJ88 then system will take both settlement rule one by one at same transaction time.

But

Jorge Lacueva wrote:

I also tried making a settlement with only one rule and them changing the parameters but the settlement takes the whole amount imputed in the period in each settlement.

I think  you haven't maintained  your required settlement amount in settlement rule.  Whole amount will be taken only if you give 100% or total amount in settlement rule.  But there is option for changing the value say 50% or some amount say 100.00. Do  the same and reply.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the answer Shishir,

I did it by entering the amounts but no working. think that if I put 50% in the Asset , I settle the 50% of the asset and this is not correct.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if you want to select particular line items in settlement rules then use CJIC for maintaining rule and settlement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also reviewed in sap help that the individully settlement can be do by CJIC (also by CJ70).

However in my scenario there is not AUC invloved but a settlement to Fixed Assets + Profit Segment.

If I enter in CJIC with a WBs element, the system inform me that there is no asset under construction for the WBS. Hence seems that the system force me to previously assign the WBS element to an Investment profile and then create AUC.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, CJIC is for AUC settlement. But for PSG, as I think line item wise settlement not possible. You have to go thru as per my first reply by entering amount or %.

Also lets other expert comment on this.

Regards

Shishir