Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori on SAP BW - Query

virenp_devi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I understand SAP Fiori uses SAP ECC system for the transactions and analytic apps. As Fiori is based on SAPUI5 framwork, I was thinking if it is possible to design apps in Fiori on SAP BW system (integrate BEx or infoprovider data into Apps)?

Kindly Suggest.

Thanks,

Viren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

GQ2
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viren,

Did you found out any references for this topic as I feel as per the documentation that Fiori Analytics and Fact Sheets apps run only with Hana database/XS engine and also have not found any references for SAP BW and Fiori.Please do share any references if you have any.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

virenp_devi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

Yes only transactional apps are possible without HANA. I did not receive concrete information but it seems it is not possible to use BW as backend.This is probably due to the gateway limitations. Aim of Fiori is not to replace BW reporting tools but to efficiently use data in Transactional systems.

Regards,

Viren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viren,

Thanks for the update and you can also close this thread as it is not possible to have BW as backend.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

GQ2
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

Great! I think it may be custom SAPUI5 Application and not any standard Fiori applciation or its extension. Please correct me if I am wrong.

BW----GW-------SAPUI5

but again this is not a good idea as there are already front end tools available for Analytics.

Still thanks for the information.

Regards,

Fenil.

GQ2
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm also interrested in this topic;

Could anyone share information or experience ?

Kind regards

GQ2
Participant
0 Kudos