cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch in net salary and SAP payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Seniors,

there is mismatch in the salary of employee generated from sap payroll.

I have checked all the infotypes IT0008, IT0014, IT0015. The amount mentioned in RT table is matching with data maintained in these infotypes.

Please suggest your input for same.

Regards,

Ritu

Message was edited by: Sikindar A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ritu,

Kindly let me know one thing are you sure have copied Custom wage types from there respective model wage type..?

If it is't check model wage type Processing classes & cumulation classes whether it's same is being assigned or not with your Cumstom wage type Like

Custom Basic wage type 1000 == Model wage type MB10

Custom HRA wage type 1001 == Model wage type M230

Custom Uniform wage type 1002 == Model wage type M200 .....!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

Thanks for your input.

I haven't done any configuration as its support issue. Though, I'll check the copied wage types and will update you.

Initially it was the issue of ESI, as the value entered in excel sheet was not correct. ESI part is corrected and its fine now the issues are with arrear payment.

Please let me know your input regarding arrear calculation.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you cross checked with the other employees who are having arrears too.

check arrears are not getting these two employees or others too ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

For rest of the employee everything is smooth except for given two cases...

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, tell me one thing while running the payroll system is running retro or not ?

check the dates are updated in PU03 after the master data is changed. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Yes, Dates are updated as below..

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

First delete the date in Earl.pers. RA Date

and update the dates in the Earliest MD Change and Mast.data change. bonus from when on-wards Arrears to be run. then arrears will come.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thanks a ton for your valuable input.

Regards,,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritu

is your issue solved ? if so close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyashree/ Praneeth/ Sikindar,

Thanks a ton for your valuable input. There is a change required in IT0587 from PF Basis to Eligible Pay. Case 3 has been solved

However  case 1 and case 2 are not yet resolved I am still checking the validity date etc.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

As per my above reply, did you check the configuration is complete or not for Arrear Wage Types?

Regards,

Bhagyashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your kind help.

Sorry for delay reply. There was some issue with client server and I was unable to check the configuration.  As per the findings with respect to SAP RT Table and data given in excel sheet are as below..

CASE EMPLOYEE 1 :

SAP Calculates the ESIC on the basis of monthly regular income 13411(as per the RT table) i.e  1.75% of 13411 = 195.49 =196

However , in given excel sheet the ESI is calculated on the basis of  Gross pay i.e. 1.75% of 10808  = 189.14 =190 (Approx)

Hence, the difference of “6” comes.

CASE EMPLOYEE 2 :

Total Gross Pay = 13411

Gross Deduction =  1265+5137+235(ESI) +628(claim)+10 = 7275

SAP Salary = 13411-7275 =6136

Note : I have checked the validity dates in IT0008, IT0015, IT0014 and It is fine.

I checked the payslip of march and april months, /551 & /552 are missing there.

I checked the PCR, ZN42, ZN43 exist but not ZN41. However these PCRs are not used in schema ZN00 or ZNN1.

I would like know about ESI calculation why in SAP RT table it is calculated on the basis of monthly regular income however in general, we do the calculation on 1.75 % of basic. I am new to payroll, please suggest ...

Regards,

Ritu

Message was edited by: Ritu Jaiswal

Message was edited by: Ritu Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Please check for all wage type cumulation class 12 and 13 are ticked or not. Also check for which wage types ESI will deduct and on which it will not. Based on the confirmation from the user for the same, compare your results.

Regards,

Bhagyashree

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Case1:-

ESI is calculating bsed on your monthly component and with the condition of 15K. If its more in the month of April 2014 then it will not deduct for the next six month upto September 2014. In this period if his gross earning coming less than 15k still system will not deduct ESI and will start from October again(As per ESI standard process). Again in the period of April to September and October to March slary is incresed to more 15k then still ESI will be deduct.

In the SAP standard process which correct as per ESI law that ESI will always deduct on Gross Earning or Gross Pay. and in Schema INESI function has been inserted just begining of LPBEG process. So if your client is doing this then it's wrong and then you have to do it after SORT RT line to process ESI on Gross Pay i.e. /559(bank Transfer).

Case 2:-

Can you share the screenshots.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyashree,

Comulation class 12 and 13 are not ticked for all wage type. In some of the cases 12 and 13 both ticked and some of the case its only 12.

Do I need to tick both 12 and 13 for all wage type ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for your reply.

As per the given case, his regular monthly income is less than 15K.  Also, ESI is calculated on the basis of monthly regular income in given RT Table.

As per the shared excel sheet and RT table the difference of 6 is observed, however there are some wage type which are maintained in R/3 and not generated in RT table while those data has been calculated in excel sheet. There are some arrear mentioned in excel sheet but those data neither updated in R/3 nor in RT table.

Thats why I am not able to figure it out, whether this issue is related to ESI only or something else is also need to consider here.

Screen shot for CASE 2  related to Infotype, RT table has been already shared above.

Please let me know what else I have missed...

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Please check both the cumulation class and check.

Regards,

Bhagyashree

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Check the below line in your sub-schema INN1

PIT X023 P20 NOAB

Check input table details and try to find out that there all wage types are populated or not which has been maintained as master for that employee. And also the output details.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyashree,

There is difference in salary for only two employee. If I check the 12 &13 cumulation class data then It affects the salary of other employee.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

There is no line of PIT X023 P20 NOAB in ZNN1 or INN1 in production server.

I checked one wage type is not generating in output table.

Regards,

Ritu

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Check in INAP subschema..

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyashree,

Screen shots are as below...

Case Employee1

Case Employee2 :

Case Employee3

Please refer the above screenshot.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

As per reply from Sikindar, please check the validity dates for Case 1 and Case 2. Definately there is some problem with that. For Case 3, please check IT0587. If PF Basis is selected, PF will be calculated on Rs. 6500 (PF Base maintained in Table View V_T511P). If Eligible Pay is selected, PF will deduct on the earned basic.

Please check for above and confirm.

Regards,

Bhagyashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the log /551 or /552 not created, it means payroll schema not generated the arrears amount. Please check the payroll log, if retro accounting happens!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Let me check the same and will update you.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain clearly for case 1 & 2 what you done and what you want to find out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Please check if configuration is done for IN41, IN42, and IN43 PCR for the two wage types for whome the arrears are not getting calculated. Arrears is not coming only for the mentioned 2 wage types right? so check the PCR. They must be copied to ZN41, ZN42 and ZN43, and inserted in payroll schema - ZN00 - ZNN1 (copied from INN1).

Regards,

Bhagyashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For PF (case 3) check the function INEPF and what is maintained in the Employee master IT 0587 ?

For case 2 - mobile reimbursement you maintain the date up to 31.05.2014 only are you running payroll for may month or june month ?

if you run the live run in the system paste the screen shot for the same from PC00_M40_ANN

replay with screen shots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thanks a ton for your prompt response.

Yes, we are correcting the may month salary mismatch.

IT0587 screenshot is as below for case3 .

Similar sort of data is maintained for other employee as well.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you check mark for PF deduction as Eligible pay or PF Basis which ever is less that means if your (Basic & DA) is more than 6500/- it will calculate on 6500 * 12% = 780/- it will show in the wage type /3F1. if less than 6500/- it will calculate directly on that amount * 12%.

for your Employer share you check mark for PF Basis (ie., Basic + DA) = 7200 * 12% = 864 /- is for Er Pf share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikandar/ Praneeth,

Thanks a ton for your reply.

Case 2 Emp is resigned case. Rest is active employee with in organisation.

I have checked the last month payroll and that has not been calculated on 6500. Therefore, 6500 is not taken as ceiling limit in any of the cases... Its calculation based on totally the IT0008 input.

Please find the screen shot as below for case 1, case 2 and case 3 employee for basic pay, recurring pay & deduction and additional payment & Deduction respectively...

CASE EMPLOYEE 1

CASE EMPLOYEE 2

CASE EMPLOYEE 3

Please have a look on the above screenshot and suggest your input.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Please show the payslips of all the three employees.

Regards,

Bhagyashree

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the employe is having any Loss of Pay or he has joined or terminated in mid of the month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

can you share the screen shots of the same what you find the miss-match of the salary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

There are 3 cases where mismatch in salary occurs. Below are the screen shot for same.

below are my findings for same.

Case emp1 : Values like Arrear HRA = 1478 &  Arrear Spcl Allowance = 4294 not reflecting in the RT table.

Case Emp 2: Reimbursement allowances 161 maintained in IT0015 in R/3, however its not reflecting in RT table.

Case Emp 3 :  There is below mentioned data in RT table.

• /3FA  PF basis fo0101    6500
  • /3 FB PF basis Fo0101    7200

System is calculating PF on the basis of 6500 not 7200.

These are my findings for given sheet. 

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Emp1 - Arrears Spl. Allow. is showing -4294 check it once.

Emp2: have you maintained the correct date in the It 0015 for reimbursement ?

Emp3: PF basis 6500/- not 7200/- even though Basic & DA is more than the slab 6500 /- also system will calculate on 6500/- only. these calculation are based on the entries made in the IT 0587.

if you provide the screen shots of SAP Screens is easy to understand and suggestion. from excel sheet we cant suggest you.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Case emp1 : Values like Arrear HRA = 1478 & Arrear
Spcl Allowance = 4294 not reflecting in the RT table.

Cross check master data with proper
validity dates

Case Emp 2: Reimbursement allowances 161
maintained in IT0015 in R/3, however its not reflecting in RT table.

Cross check master data with proper
validity dates

Case Emp 3 : There is below mentioned data
in RT table.

PF will be calculated on  6500*12 that is 780 or 12% on PF basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Please check the /559 Wagetype Value in RT .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

/559 value is equal to /560. 

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Please check the Processing class, cumulation class and evaluation class for the wage types are getting processed in payroll.

The Issue is over there..

Thanks and Regards

Ravi Narayan Padhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. Already, I have checked this still not able to figure it out. Let me check again.

Regards,

Ritu