Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with Leave Request for Edit/Cancel options:

- if employee cancels/edit leave request (that has been previously created in portal), the application works fine.

- if employee has an absence created directly in backend, when he tries to edit/cancel the leave request (the absence has been registered directly in backend, so no leave request exists), the employee gets the error "Approver does not exist"

Issue seems to happen in function PT_ARQ_REQUEST_CHECK when calling

perform find_and_set_nextprocessor                                                   

changing

im_request-next_processor

no_more_approver_check.

this variable   "im_request-next_processor" is empty and once in the form, we only change processor if the name is not initial....

if ch_next_processor-objid is initial and not ch_next_processor-name is initial.

Do you have any hints for this?

Thank you

Carla Sousa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand your point. But this is company with thousands of employees that now have a new hr portal.

Which means that we will receive 1 incident per each old absence the employee wants to delete/change, and run the program accordingly RPTARQDBDEL. (which is not acceptable)

Furthermore the process designed expects the approval from manager for any change/deletion of absence.

I am analysing the possibility to enhance this with custom code, but would be better if it was a standard note.

Regards.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

well typically it shows, and you are right, if you try to edit those absences in Leave request now, it ll consider the Levae request checks ie approver should be present which would be null now! The issue is how to differentiate between leaves in It2001 directly created One case is if these absences are loaded into system into It2001. Don't allow them to changed thru customization in V_t554s_web, but it ll effect all the absences of this type then or second solution in the BADI PT_ABS_REQ, have a check for this absences since they don't exist in leave request Db But ideally I would suggest to avoid editing or cancelling already imported leaves directly in IT2001. I would suggest raising to SAP, as we can enhance this behavior, as it effects all leave created in Pa30 then which ll be without approver!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

I really appretiate your help. I am currently trying to enhance the PT_ABS_REQ

method IF_EX_PT_GEN_REQ~FIND_RESP_AND_DEFAULT_NEXT_PRC and also try to implement a post-exit method on CL_HRESS_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_GUIBBL on method get_data.

So far, I still get the error message. Do you have any hint about which mehtod i have to re-implement to overcome this issue?

Something tells me the solution could be easily solved in PT_ARQ_REQUEST_CHECK inside

perform find_and_set_nextprocessor                                                   

changing

im_request-next_processor

no_more_approver_check.

the check  "if ch_next_processor-objid is initial and not ch_next_processor-name is initial." was replaced by " if ch_next_processor-objid is initial . "

I have created the following incident   778514 / 2014

thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Carla Sousa

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check this note information 1814960 - ESS LEA: Approver determination in ESS leave request You can check PT_GEN_REQ too. yes PT_ARQ_REQUEST_CHECK  is the one where the check is done. ie during these stages prepare, check and send.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check the note 1955684 - Approver not determined when deleting a posted leave

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if it is updated or posted  in 2001  in r3  backend and again if ur trying to edit it will not allow to do any action in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala,

What happens when there is old absences tool (not SAP) that is replaced by the SAP HR Portal?

Employees cannot change/cancel those absences?

If that is the case, why the standard leave overview shows the edit/cancel buttons for those cases?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Carla Sousa

Former Member
0 Kudos

if employee sends that leave in portal and HR ADMIN UPDATES THAT IN r3 it will show the edit and cancel button , you have to delete that manually from SE38 : RPTARQDBDEL and check once in portal it will not show that leave