Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug IPC

adtoth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem with pricing coditions. When I want to add a pricing codition on header level i get "Condition ZNED cannot be processed manually".

It works properly on item level, but I need both.

So I'd like to debug the java code, but I cant find the actual code.

I've found this: If you want to see those (java) classes code, the har files can be found in the SAPAPIPC*.SAR file.

Where can I find this file?

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Follow these steps to debug IPC:

a. Check where used of any FM with pattern SPC*DOCUMENT (e.g. SPC_CREATE_DOCUMENT), then put breakpoint where it has been called.

b. In eclipse put breakpoint as well...choose Project>Run>Debug>remote java application

c. Execute pricing update or go to prices tab in crmd_order..debugger stops at breakpoint

d. Press F5, in the pop up, note the port number and from Settings menu of SAP, note the IP address.

e. In eclipse---c here give the IP address (host name) and port number in Run>Debug configurationsever

f. In SAP debugger now press F8

g. You get pop up in eclipse then you will be able to debug

Regards,

Rupali

adtoth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I know how to debug in eclipse if I have the code...but my problem is that i dont have the java code which I want to debug.

Where can I find the predefined java codes given by SAP?

Like IPricingCondition.java, I have the .class file, and the java file with the whole code?

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You need to download the java code from CRM system itself.

/SAPCND/UELIB - Library files

or Use

/SAPCND/UE_DEV - to download the libraries and all the user exits

This should also have standard java class required for the debug.

Regards

Prashil Wasnik

adtoth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

But in this libs there are only the .class files with function declarations. It's an interface only, I cannot put a breakpoint there..

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

SAP won't ship the source code (thou it's there, there is a report you can actually see all the IPC source) - but having the class in your Eclipse should be OK as long you install jad and jadclipse and breakpoint in the decompiled class.

Have you tried that?

Hope it helps,

D.

adtoth
Participant
0 Kudos

I've tried it..it works thanks, but it i cant really debug this issue, i dont know what's cousing the "Condition ZNED cannot be processed manually" error...

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

perhaps if you explain what you are trying to achieve and how you're trying to achieve such I could add some input into that? - this seems to be some sort of 'configuration' issue (not related directly to code) than coding issue..

this is a **wild** guess, but it would appear that you have a condition type, lets say "ZXPTO" and something is trying to change it during runtime to another "ZXXX" condition.. again, it's hard to even describe or add more into the topic with further information.

I assume you want to see exactly the line and why it's throwing you such error correct?

Cheers,

D.

adtoth
Participant
0 Kudos

So in CRM we have a condition named "ZNED", and we need it to be able to add manually on item level and in header level as well (business uses both). It works fine on item level, but it throws this error when i try to add it on header.

It works fine on the ECC side, but it doesnt work in CRM. And my plan was to try to debug the java code to see what's cousing the problem...but the only thing i see that it raises a "ManualChangeNotAllowed" exeption with 205 error code.

This condition has an access sequence assigned, and it's set that Manual entry has priority.

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, that's pretty much it.. you won't be able to 'add' stuff, because SAP (as strange it may sound) its driven by configuration mostly.

I mean, why not have that condition in the pricing procedure and add something to either evaluate it or not?

what often happens is, when we implement CRM Pricing Procedures we 'inherit' a lot of **** code from ECC which simply wont work.. ECC does have some alternatives, but in CRM (in IPC) some stuff you just cant (or should not) do..

usually, changing the pricing procedure in ECC is hard, and it's hard to justify, but the IPC goes toe to toe with how it should have been implemented in ECC and you can justify just by saying you should not add a 'condition' in the Pricing Procedure in the run-time: rather, you can use a requirement for instance to evaluate if you need that or not.

its a different approach, probably not what they asked you for, but it does seem you want to bent the IPC (or Condition Technique if you're on ECC) - it's just easier to follow and add another row in the pricing procedure to decide.

Hope it helps,

D.