cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT code in inboud INVOIC02: Can we override OBCD with EKPO-MWSKZ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are processing intercompany billing through INVOIC02 idoc generated as output message from SD invoice and then posted as LIV in the buying company. The billing is between EU countries. We have an issue with determining input VAT code in the buying company:

- The selling company has one tax code for 0 % tax - EU export (used on all types of goods)

- In trans. OBCD, we can only link this code to one target code in the buying company

- However, the country of the buying company has different rates per types of products - so whatever we choose will be wrong for some of them. (They are obliged to calculate and book a "reverse charge", KTOSL = ESA / ESE, with an equal input and output tax according to their domestic rates.)

The best solution for us would be to use the VAT code that is automatically filled in the purchase order item (EKPO-MWSKZ) through conditions in calculation schema. Indeed, if we try to post the incoming invoice manually (trans. MIRO), then this code is proposed. However, it does not work for EDI:

- When OBCD is filled "correctly" then the code from OBCD is used (one for all articles - we do not like it)

- When the target tax code is blank or the whole OBCD record is removed, then it gives an error "Assigning a new tax key for XY and VAT 0 not possible" (FD-008)

- When I manually deleted segments E1EDK04 and E1EDP04 (in WE19), then I got an error "Enter a tax code in item 000001" (M8-755).

Neither of the messages can be controlled in trans. OBA5. It did not even help to tick "Calculate tax" or even "Park document" in trans. OBCE. And it would be very inconvenient to break down tax classifications of articles (for use in table MLAN) to cover all combinations of standard / reduced / deeply reduced / zero taxes across various countries where we do business.

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Is there a standard solution, or only an enhancement (which one)? All we need is to use EKPO-MWSKZ (from PO item) instead of T076M-MWSKZ (from OBCE) for incoming invoices from certain (intercompany) partners - which is what the standard MIRO does. How to make it work on EDI?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen OSS note 137686 - ALE_INVOIC01: Internal allocatn Customizing in FI , it describes at least what you have to do to calculate tax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thank you for trying, but it unfortunately does not help. The note writes in point 9:

9. In Transaction OBCD maintain the assignment of the tax code in the tax segments of the IDoc to the corresponding tax code for the receiver.To do this refer also to the F1 help for the input fields.In field 'Tax type' enter 'VAT'.In field 'Tax rate' you must enter the tax rate that is transferred in the IDoc.In doing this, it is important that the entries match character for character.

There is nothing else about VAT in the note. We have done what they write and we are not happy. In fact, our question is: How to bypass OBCD and calculate the tax ourself from EKPO-MWSKZ?

Anyway, thanks for trying. And let me rephrase my question:

Has anyone any experience with receiving EDI invoices for goods purchased in another EU country? How do you fill the "reverse charge" VAT code?

(Why - because the whole philosophy of OBCD - "trust the vendor and book what he sends", which is OK for domestic purchases, is absolutely wrong for intra-EU invoices. If a Portugese customer gets an invoice from a German vendor, then it is the Portugese accountant's responsibility to calculate the tax based on Portugese rules, not to copy it from the German tax code. And I am sorry, but I have not seen anything in this direction from official SAP documentation. How do other companies solve this issue?)

Looking forward to more tips!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make use of enhancement MRMH0002 with EXIT_SAPLMRMH_012 to define your own logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)