Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM Time management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a doubt in absence creation.

we got a scenario like Casual leave should not be followed by any other absence type.

So, is there by any means we can create through config.

Please suggest.....

Regards,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Korada,

Make an enhancement at entry level @ IT2001 by ABAPers. I did it in project and working fine.

User is always want to do it at entry level so might through Time evaluation we can do it but for entry level error we can do it by enhancement.

Tell your logic to ABAper , he will do it.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your Time Evaluation schema, create a PCR that will read the Absences and create a flag (an Information Time Type, such as 9CAS, using operation ADDDB) if a Casual Leave exists "Today", but if any other type of absence exists, look at yesterday's value of 9CAS (using operation HRS=L9CAS) and generate an error message if it does (using operation COLER).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Thanks for the response, but this works when you run the Time Evaluation..

But, in my scenario, Error should trigger when we try to maintain IT2001 and it should not allow us to maitain IT2001.

Please suggest....

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Sankarsan and Vivek, you should talk to an ABAP programmer so that he could insert some code during validation of IT2001

former_member193652
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Time management module is a complete module and is the most complex modules of SAP HCM. I can you can implement your requirement but first of all you should clarify the requirement.

What do you mean by "Casual leave should not be followed by any other absence type"?

Regards,
Omid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omid,

Let me give you an example to make better sense of requirement.

Ex: CAUL - Normal absence type

SICK  - Sick leave type

PRVG - Privilege leave

Employee booked leave from AUG 3rd to 5th  (Leave type - CAUL). he should not be allowed to take leave in 6th with other absence types(SICK or PRVG).

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asoka,

This requirement is not possible with standard configuration.

You will have to write custom logic for this. You can ask your ABAPer to include this logic so that it checks whenever an employee is trying to apply leave.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal