cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted database in SQL Anywhere 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Yesterday, one of our databases corrupted.

When I try start the service from Sybase central, the service never starts and does not show any error messages either.

The thing I did was to remove all databases from the service and started adding them one by one, that's how I pinpointed the issue to a single database file.

Could some direct me to a procedure to repair the database file?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Do you know what is happening on the server if you're just trying to start the one problematic database? It would be best if you could point this information to a diagnostic file and post it here so that we can make further suggestions:

dbsrv9 -o console.txt baddatabase.db

If the database is undergoing automatic recovery, it would be best for you to wait for it to finish.

Going to your backup and recovery plan is the next best thing to do so you don't lose any data on your database. You should be able to apply the transaction log from the current database to bring the backup file up-to-date with the current changes.

Finally, you can try rebuilding the database to see if it's a structural problem. If the database is really corrupted, you may have to try to resort to salvaging data from what you can still access and create a new database from the remaining information (See SAP KBA 1959030 - How To Salvage Data When There are Corrupt Pages in the Database).

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Answers (0)