cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Pre-Moderation Algorithm?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible that the pre-moderation algorithm is experiencing a bug?  I've just attempted to post a reply to a thread () in the forum and got the message "Your content will be reviewed by a moderator before being added.  Your content is being moderated because your points level indicates that you are new to posting on SCN."

Really?  I've been on SCN for 10 years, I have nearly 1300 points, and I have 22 points specifically in that forum.  I've posted blogs and documents, and asked and answered questions.  I've posted in that forum before.  The comment I was responding to was by someone with only 1 point, who apparently didn't have any problem posting in that thread.

I suppose my response may have triggered pre-moderation due to using a filtered word, though I cannot imagine what word it might have been.  It was a fairly short and to-the-point response.  If this were the case, however, I would expect the system message to indicate this as the reason and not say that I don't have enough points and am new to SCN.

So, I suspect a bug in the works, and that's why I bring it up here.

Regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is just a single standard message in case of pre-moderation, no differentiation based the root cause for the pre-moderation and no check on your personal points level. Just indicating the reason for the highest probability.

Of course it is not possible to tell which word is causing your trouble. It can even be that you had not used this word yourself,  that it was used in the question, and is going into moderation with each reply until it is removed.

I had once reported a spammer and added what he wrote to a discussion in the moderation forum and this had exact this effect until I changed it.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, late last night my comment was approved, which allowed me to look over what I wrote again.  There was nothing that stood out to me as in any way likely to have hit a spam filter, and I did not quote previous commenters.  So, most likely we (I) will never know what triggered the pre-moderation.  Oh well.

Thanks for your clarification, however.

Answers (0)