SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Funds Management Module in the mid of a month

vivek_mg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planned to activate the Funds management module in the mid of August 2014 and we are following accounting period (April - March). So the PR and Purchase order created prior (i.e from April to Aug) to the activation of FM module does not have FM account assignment (Commitment item and Fund Center). So kindly let me know what is the standard procedure to update FM account assignment in these PR and PO

Regards

Vivek MG

3 REPLIES 3

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Open PR's and PO's :- You have to take care all PR's & PO's ,whcih are open till golive date as follows.

1. Do derivation rules as per your customization / business rules :- FMDERIVER

2. Run FMCN to create worklist FM account assignment objects all PR's first (Open PR's)

3. Run FMCT to update FM account assignment for above worklist

4. Run FMCN to create worklist FM account assignment objects all PO's (Open)

5. Run FMCT to update FM account assignment for above worklist.

6. Do FMJ2 for all PR's and PO's till March 31st ( Open PR's and PO's carryforward to 2014 Year)

7. Make sure busget available at FM account assignment level.

Regards

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi Mani

In our client, SAP has gone live in the year 2009 and they are activating Funds management in the year 2014 (August month). So Budget control is applicable for the year 2014 only. So if I maintain the necessary derivation rules in FMDERIVE, whether the system will automatically determine the FM account assignment on doing MIGO for a PO created in June 2014

Regards

Vivek

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

If you are activated in 2009 ,existing open PO's and PR's have FM account assigments itself. Not required to do above procedure. You would have to do mentioned process.

1. Delete all open PO's and PR's in FM module through FMN4 & FMN3

2. Reconstruct open PO's and PR's in FM module through FMN3N & FMN4N.

While doing the reconstruct ,budget would commit with respect to PO and PR.

Regards

Mani Kumar