cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have business requirement in which I need to Add profit center in existing all direct & indirect material which are "BLANK".

Some of the user's forgot to maintain profit center in material master.

I know that profit center would not be added in material master if there is Open Purchase order or SA..

Apart from that is there any finical  impact in existing documents  if we now add profit center in material master.

I have seen old threads but it is related to replacing old profit center to New profit center.

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to enter Profit center for material master now,Just complete all transactions related to material.
Keep a Dummy cost center with Dummy G/L account and consume(201) all material to that cost center.

Now enter and validate profit center for your Plant on material master change(MM02) and then report post(202) all material from dummy cost center.

Refer discuss how to have validate/default Profit center for material master creation(MM01)

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you really think that changing a profit center from "blank" to 123 is something different than changing a profit center from ABC to 123?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen

I know that stock has been received without profit center because it is "BLANK" and adding the profit center in material master will be inconsistency will doing issue, then each issue will be posted to the new PC, while it never had a receipt.

In order to replicate the scenario in test environment. How could I check inconsistency in profit center.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a new material without profit center, create a PO, receive it.

But why don't you remove the stock before you add the profit center? then add the profit center, then add the stock again..

Is it really not posted to profit center? Are you certain? have you clicked the Accounting documents button in MIGO > display material document?

I remember cases where such postings are made to a default profit center if none is entered.