cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change customer's Tax Number Type and customer's Tax Type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

The transactions XD02 or FD02 doesn't display in the screen the fields: Tax Number Type and Tax Type . Although XD01 and FD01 if  display on screen these two fields. I was reviewing the customizing and I don't found an option for this.

How to change the fields Tax Number Type and Tax Type for customers?.

I was reading and I found that can use the BAPI: BAPI_CUSTOMER_CHANGEFROMDATA1.

I do not know how to use this BAPI (from where to call it). Someone has an idea?. Or there will be another way that allows update these two fields in the customer master data?

I appreciate any help.Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorena,

Have you checked all places where this can be controlled?

1. IMG: Financial accounting - Accounts receivable and payable - Customer accounts - Master data - Preparations for creating customer master data - Define account groups with screen layout (customers), then choose your acct group and General data -> Control -> Tax type (both fields are controlled together)

2. IMG: the same path, but node Define screen layout per activity (customers). Choose "Change customers (accounting)" to control the field status in FD02 and "Change customer (centrally)" to control XD02.

3. If this does not help, then you may check if the fields have not been set as critical for change (IMG: Financial accounting - Accounts receivable and payable - Customer accounts - Master data - Preparations for changing customer master data - Group fields for customer master records and see if these fields (KNA1-FITYP and KNA1-STCDT) are not included in one of the groups - then the user may not be authorized to change them.

There should be no other hidden place unless somebody did system modifications. (Just for completeness, screen layout can also be controlled per company code or sales organization, but these particular fields are in general data, so none of these structures applies.)

Hope this helps - and good luck with the challenging Argentinian taxes!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan.

Thanks for your help. I was looking for  this but I don't find the field: "Tax type" in the customizing 1 Define account groups with screen layout (customers) and 2 (Define screen layout per activity (customers)). Do I an additional configuration to display these two fields in 1 and 2 ?. Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you explain with the relevant business process as to why you are looking to validate this field, may be, it will be easy to propose suitable suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorena,

I think you just need to "page down" on the field list.

Step 1: Choose activity (e.g. XD02 - Change customer centrally)

2. Select "General data"

3. Select "Control"

4. On the next screen, push "Page down" and you will see "Tax type" as the second field from the top. And after doublicking on the field (or, as I did, after selecting Extras - Field check - With technical name), you will see that this one item controls both fields - Tax type and Tax number type (which will therefore always have the same status).

Hope this answered your question. Yes, it is easy to miss the "1/2" - and therefore several useful fields on page 2 - from the previous screen!

OFFTOPIC: Btw, Argentina is a marvelous country - I enjoyed being there in 2006, initially for SAP ("percepciones de ingresos brutos", "percepciones de ganancias", "faktura tipo A" etc.), and luckily I had a little bit of time to experience some of the marvelous countryside and pleasant people (  http://railtrips.euweb.cz/c_arg_uvod_en.html ). Have a good time there - and good luck on your project!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminpathi.

There is a validation when updating the data "Tax Number 1" in the customer's master. This validation is related to the values ​​of the fields: "Tax number type" and "Tax type" when the field "Tax number 1" is changed.

When a customer is created  with  XD01 or FD01, SAP shows those 3 fields with no problem; but in XD02 or FD02 SAP  does not display these fields by default.

A user is mistaken when create a customer, now we need to correct that mistake. As the transaction XD02 or FD02 doesn't display the fields: "Tax number type" and "Tax type", the validation doesn't allow to make the change from "Tax Number 1" and therefore can't correct the data for this customer.

We need to be able to change these two field ("Tax number type" and "Tax type"). The other alternative is to disable validation but before we want know if it is possible for the user to make the change in the customer's master.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan. This explicaton was usefull.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member851315
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leudis,

I don't think there is a field tax type in customer master record neither in General data nor company code data.

Tax type is only used while creation of new tax codes at country level in transaction code: FTXP.

For adding BAPI you found please take help of ABAP- technical developer.

Thanks

Srinath