Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loss in SmartForms

former_member228804
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client uses pre-printed stationery for printing challans. I have created custom page layout for this type of stationery and appended it to the page format of the output types of my smartforms.

I have fetched the required data and I have aligned the data according to the pre-printed stationery. When I check the Print preview of the layout, all my data appears correctly. But when I take a print of this data, the last two columns disappear. Please guide me on this.

PS: We're using dot matrix printer EPSON FX-2175.

Regards,

Dnyanesh.

6 REPLIES 6

thangam_perumal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhise,

Custom page layout mean what is it you have created in SPAD ? if it is so mean please check the your width and height in T-code SPAD

0 Kudos

Hi Thangam,

Yes I have created a custom layout in SPAD. The height and width of the page is correctly defined after measuring the hard copy.

The data is correctly displayed in print preview.  The data loss occurrs only when I print it.

Regards,

Dnyanesh

0 Kudos

Hi Bhise,

I think it may be due to printer  setting ask printer admin to set the correct character length. please check same output  to some other  printer..

Regards,

Thangam.P

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- what SAP device type are you using?

- how (in what units of measurement) did you specify the width of page format?

- what printer commands did you put in Printer Initialization action in the device type format?

- what font are you using, at what size (resulting in what expected CPI)?

Please understand that, if you are using device type for line printers, what you see in SAP preview is illustrative and largely immaterial to what the physical output will look like... What will be printed depends largely on how you initialize the device in "Printer Initialization".

Edit in: do you have the printer manual, because I can't find the one for FX-2175 online. The manual normally lists the fonts CPIs (sizes) supported.

cheers

Jānis

Message was edited by: Jānis B

Former Member
0 Kudos

If SAP end, everything okay then please concentrate on printer setting.

former_member183607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Printer Properties whether your page size is available, if not then create page with required dimensions and make page default to using printer .