Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL Inbox configurations for Manager Self-Service using NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am implementing ESS using NWBC.  SAP ERP 6.0 EhP6 & MSS Add-On 1.0

With NWBC not is posible use UWL. And for this SAP delivered POWL Inbox.

I am checking this links:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31014

For example :

Cross-Application Components -> Process and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Inbox
-> Assign Task ID’s to POWL Types

Application: MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2

Type: MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_WI

Workflow : TS90000008

Cross-Application Components -> Process and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Inbox
->Define Tasks and Actions

I dont understand that Type action should use if I use NWBC?

This should be configurated by SAP Workflow Consultant? for the workflow of Leave request What are parameter used ?

This should be configurated by SAP Workflow Consultant? Where can find the action name?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Sagar's document is pretty self-explanatory. Maybe and it's comments by me and others will help you figure it out. Workflow skills aren't required in order to complete the configuration, it of course helps to understand what are task IDs, actions, OBN, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WF work fine.

When I execute the workitem the system open screen of SAP and show the message

I am working with the option of deploy NWBC for ESS & MSS

I have several doubt:

I think that When execute the workitem from the UWL and  I See the SBWP SAP inbox in the browser then it means that the task of the workflow is not registered in the portal., , but If  I use NWBC , I should use the transaction SWFVISU ? How is register is using NWBC ? I dont use portal.

- How I know the parameter that I Should use in the table IBO_C_WF_ACC andIBO_C_WF_APC.?

I am checking this blog: however this apply for portal and not using NWBC

WD ABAP application launched from UWL doesn't work as expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't have portal, you don't have UWL. The standard Inbox solution for NWBC is based on POWL, no UWL configuration (incl. SWFVISU) is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok .Samuli.

The standard Inbox solution for NWBC is based on POWL, but What should I do for avoid this screen?

I dont know how solve this issue

Thanks

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

where do you get this error in NWBC POWL or SBWP? What is the system alias maintained as? are you using the standard MSS role for NWBC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This occour with NWBC.

Also occour with the standard role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2

My configuration is:

These are the steps I took:

1. Cutomize table IBO_V_WF_ACC - create a record with:

Application = MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2

ACTION NAME = EXECUTETASK

Action Type for Action = OBJECTNAVIGATIONLAUNCHER

2. Cutomize table IBO_V_WF_APC - create a record with:

Application                         |     Action Name     |     Action Property     |     Value

MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2              EXECUTETASK          OBJECTNAME                  MSS_WL

MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2              EXECUTETASK         OBJECTVALUE                 WI_ID = ${ITEM.EXTERNALID}

MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2              EXECUTETASK          OPERATION            NAVIGATEFORM         MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2              EXECUTETASK          SYSTEM     SAP_ECC_HumanResources

3. Cutomize table IBO_V_WF_TAC with relevant WF Tasks.

4. Cutomize table IBO_V_WF_TTAC - Define again WF relevant Tasks. for exmple:

Application = MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2

POWL Type ID = MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_WI

Workflow Task ID = TSXXXXXXXX (relevant tasks to my process)

Regards

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I haven't gone in depth into this thread but to me looks like issue with the OBN. It is not able to locate the WD application attached to the object/operation and hence automatically trying to display workitem in old inbox, which is not allowed for this task(hence the error).

Check the configuration or if PFCG roles have the application..

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

check with the role as indicated above and also system alias, The system is unable to pull that. You can debug in the feeder class http://scn.sap.com/thread/3595852 http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/application-integration/blog/2014/01/03/wd-abap-appli...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have checked your response:

For the case of Sonia, I have checked each steps

Role: SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2

Table: IBO_V_WF_APC

The blog only apply for UWL . I am using POWL with NWBC.

Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SE80 -> IBO_WDC_INBOX -> WebDynpro Component -> IBO_WDA_INBOX -> MANAGER_MSS_WDAC_POWL_INBOX ... which triggered the work overview page successfully with Notification, pending request, etc., are you using standard, can you ensure this step? The WD Application IBO_WDA_INBOX must be executed with appropriate application configuration like - HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX_2. If you open this application configuration from SE80 you will find that there is a component configuration defined for POWL component HRMSS_CC_POWL_INBOX_2. In this configuration there is application id specified as MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_3 or MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2. This application id is the powl application id that you use in POWL configurations. this is how the inbox component comes to know about POWL application id.

Can you check the system alias? Define properties for actions in the maintenance view IBO_C_WF_APC. The IMG path to this customizing is:  Cross-Application Components -> Process and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Inbox ->Define Tasks and Actions it should be SAP_ERP_Humanresources as per the blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I share my configuration and the steps , the issue follow:

I dond found  application id specified as MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_3 or MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2

If you open this application configuration from SE80 you will find that there is a component configuration defined for POWL component HRMSS_CC_POWL_INBOX_2. In this configuration there is application id specified as MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_3 or MANAGER_MSS_INBOX_2

Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

This my configuration.

I should Add  The maintenance view IBO_C_WF_APC by HRMSS_AC_POWL_INBOX_3 ?

The IMG path to this customizing is:  Cross-Application Components -> Process and Tools for Enterprise Applications -> Inbox ->Define Tasks and Actions

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth R-

I current use the id aplication:

I have mantained the table and now use manager_mss_inbox_3, however the issue is the same.

thanks

regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well its better to raise an oss message, as I think your issue is related to system alias. Did you take a HTTP trace? and see what is being called etc?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you launch the application directly from Se80 and not inbox, I mean MSS time approval application and then do HTTP trace and compare these traces note 1651958, but adapt it to POWL config which will be in ECC system, Sagars blog has the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question:

1. Should I create a destination system in the t-code SM59  ?

2. With this destination should create an system alias SAP_ERP_Common in the t.code SM30_SSM_RFC using the destination system created in the step 1.?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can help me with a suggestion

regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please can you compare the settings in 000 ie golden client with your system as we deliver correct customisaiton and as I see you are doing everything standard, so it shouldn't require any tinkering for leave approval Please use the standard role of MSS, for approving can you check it? even in that we maintain correct system alias ie in the role,check it from PFCG for the role under OBN and check in tables. SYSTEM_ALIAS#SAP_ERP_HumanResources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an image of the standard role SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_2 in the golden client 000

Regards

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you add this parameter ie employee.approveleaverequest LRF_ARQ_MODE=A&LRF_REQUEST_ID={REQUEST_ID}&LRF_SKIP_OVERVIEW_PAGE=X&LRF_WITEM_ID={WI_ID}&portal_bo_alias=SAP_ERP_HumanResources ie portal_bo_alias SAP_ERP_HumanResources