cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Import of redwood job Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our redwood M28 is running on Solman on netweaver 701 with redwood license. Now we have planned to migrate the redwood CPS to new standalone java system.

I have installed SAP netweaver java 7.31 with CPS M33.92 version and created environment SAP which automatically created a queue. Now we want to move all job chains from old redwood in solman to new system. I am able to export and import single job chain successfully but not able to export and import through car file. Is it possible to export all job chain and import in new system. We have the license for new redwood CPS also. I tried to look in many blogs mentioned below but could not find the correct solution.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Job+Scheduling+Management

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3381486

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1571783

Also I have noted that,  export tree option under the application SAP is disabled. I have tried export using export rule set but it did not worked.

Any help with  regards to export/ import of the job chains will be great

Regards,

Vinz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

You are on the right track.

The SAP application is built-in.

Create your own application named Export at the root, on the same level as the application Redwood.

Now, "move" all applications which contain your job chains and their dependencies into the Export application (You simply set the parent application to Export if the application in question has no parent application OR the parent application is a built-in application, such as "SAP").

Ideally, you want to preserve your application "hierarchy", because it certainly helps you identify what is what. The idea is to move the hierarchy into the "Export" application. You will have to make sure that all objects referenced by the job chain (job definitions, child job chains, time windows, queues etc) exist in the car file or new system.

Move your environment into the applciation "Export": Platform process servers, SAP systems, queues, time windows, submit frames etc should all be in a child application of "Export".

Then move defintions like job definitions, reports, events ...

Then you export the "Export" application, using the export tree option, and import that into your new system.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI HP,

Thanks for the detailed reply. This was really informational.

We have only one system of redwood which is in production now. I want to understand how safe is moving all application to the new application. Will that impact our current running jobs in anyway ?

Vineet 

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

No, this has absolutely no incidence on job schedules or behavior. The application property of objects is used to organize them functionally, e.g. like a tag.

Remember that it is a good idea to have all objects that can have an application in applications with functional names. for exports. If you have a great number of objects (1000's) it might be better to export them into several CAR files.

Regards,

HP

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Another thing you can do, is create an export ruleset that exports all objects, simply use the Export List tab, export by modification date, so you set the field Where the object was changed after, to a date way back in the past ... 1990, to be on the safe side ;-).

Now you save it, and in the list of export rule sets, select the previously created export rule set and click Submit Export job. This will create a job will a car file containing all your objects.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

Thanks for the prompt responses.

I went to promotions-->export --> from context menu create new export rule set --> under the tab export rules --> new --> under matches object type -> no "Export List" exist.

Am I looking at wrong place ?

regards,

Vineet

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

You need to look on the Export List tab (not Export Rules tab), you want to create a list of objects to export.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

I believe Export List tab is not available on M28.35 version of CPS which is our source system.

It is only available for M33.92 version of CPS which is our target system. Is the only way left is to export using export tree option ?

Regards,

Vineet

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Indeed, I have not seen M28 for such a long time ... hm, I guess that would be your only option.

You can use the below code, adapt it for job definitions, process servers, sap systems, time windows, submit frames ... to execute in the Shell (Scripting > Shell)

{

Partition partition = jcsSession.getPartitionByName("GLOBAL");

Application exportApplication = jcsSession.getApplicationByName("Export");

Application unsortedApplication = jcsSession.getApplicationByName(partition, exportApplication, "Unsorted")

for (Iterator it = jcsSession.executeObjectQuery("select Queue.* from Queue where Name <> 'System'",null); it.hasNext();)

{

Queue Queue = (Queue) it.next();

if (Queue.getParentApplication() == null)

{

try

{

Queue.setParentApplication(application);

}

catch(exception e)

{//ignore}

}

jcsSession.persist();

}

}

To adapt above code to process servers, for example, simply replace Queue with ProcessServer.

Regards,

HP

Answers (0)