cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about some dll's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am doing upgrade from 2008  to 2013 . and found that there is missing some dll

1. BusinessObjects.Enterprise.Sdk.dll
  2. BusinessObjects.Foundation.Logging.dll
  3. BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll

can any one please advice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it Crystal Reports, Crystal Reports Server or Crystal Server OEM edition that you are upgrading?

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Server OEM edition

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some pretty major changes in the SDK between the two versions.

One of the first is that the assemblies are no longer registered in the GAC.  So, you have to either include the folder where the SDK is installed in the Reference Path in the properties of your app or navigate to that folder to select the .dll.  The first two .dlls in your list are there.  You can find the SDK .dll file in the BO Install folder under the following:

<drive>\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\iPoint

or

<drive>\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\dotnet\iPoint

Another change is that there are a number of classes that have been deprecated and their .dll files no longer exist.  Such is the case with the BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll that you're trying to reference.

Another thing you'll have to look at if you're targeting .NET 4 or higher - there is a new property for COM-based references (such as the BO SDK) called "Embed Interop Types".  You want to make sure that you set that to True (default is False) in order to work with the SDK.

Bhushan has a doc that talks about migration basics for SDK apps.  You can find it here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53285.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

the suggested paths are missing after installing Crystal Server OEM edition. I didnt find any dll the iPoint Folder.

do you any idea what the missing here

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The .NET SDK doesn't automatically install with CRS.

Is this software that you're developing or is it from an application you're installing?  If you're developing it and you have an "S" number for the SAP Support site, you can download the "BI Platform 4.1" Client Tools and .NET Runtime install.  You'll install the "Developer Components" from Client Tools on the workstation where you're working in VS and use the Runtime install on the server where your application runs.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast repsonse.

can you please be more clear, as i understand should I install BI Platform 4.1" Client Tools and .NET Runtime install. to get the missing dll .

if yes can you please attach the link ?

Thanks again

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct link - you have to be able to access the Service Marketplace with an "S" Id to get to them.  Go to http://support.sap.com and navigate as follows:

1.  Click on "Download Software"

2.  "Installations and Upgrades"

3.  "A-Z Alphabetical List of My Products"

4.  "C"

5.  "SAP Crystal Server"

6.  "SAP Crystal Server 2013"

7.  "Installation and Upgrade"

8.  "Windows"

9.  Scroll down to find the latest version of the Client Tools and .NET SDK downloads.

If you don't have access to "SAP Crystal Server" from step 5 above, you can replace steps 5 through 9 with this:

5.  "SAP CR Server (OEM)"

6.  "CRYSTAL REP SERVER OEM 2013"

7.  "Installation and Upgrade"

8.  Scroll down and you'll find the .NET SDK Runtime.  You can install this instead of the client tools and still be able to reference the assemblies from VS, but it doesn't install the visual components such as the Crystal Reports Viewer, etc. into VS.

-Dell

Answers (0)