cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI 7.4 ABAP Only, Do i need Java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing BI and currently we only installed BI ABAP Stack only, customer will look for reporting and dash boards In future. Customer also has plan to implement SAP Business Objects. Could you please advise me here

Do we need BI Java stack for BOBJ ? With out Java can we do reporting and dash boards ? Can some one please help me to understand

Please

Thanks,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see thread - AS ABAP Java Installation

Best Regards Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence 4.0 is installed on any machine ( windows/unix, depending on your architecture). It is integrated with a backend BW(also called BI) system. Now this BW(BI) system needs to be dual stack ( both ABAP and JAVA; as many features of SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence 4.0 requires BW java portal).

You cannot add ABAP ( like an add-on) to already installed java stack. ( though the reverse is possible, but not with NW 7.3).

What you can do now is to install NW 7.3 ABAP as a separate system and then integrate your NW java with your ABAP ( i.e, change the UME from java databse to ABAP in your java stack). This has to be done as ABAP+JAVA installation option ( as a single instance) is not available for NW 7.3 ( exception being for PI and Solution Manager). No further change in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence 4.0 is required.

For more infor refer to

Regards