cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with POD data in contract creation in CRM ISU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are doing upgrade from CRM 4.0 to CRM 7.0 EHP3. We are facing issue with the contract creation. While creating contract, we add the item and assign the POD to it. After saving the contract, it gives the error. "Assign product &1 to a point of delivery" (Message Class ECRM_ISU 033)

After analyzing we found that the field A4PODGUID in table CRMD_ISUEXTA4 is empty. Since this field is empty, SAP gives this error message.

Can anybody let me know how can i resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

We are still facing the same error.

Can you tell us how did you solve it?

Thanks

Rishika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishika,

When you upgrade CRM/ISU from CRM 4.0-5.0 to 7.* then you should run the report ECRM_ISU_GENERATE_INDEX after migrating the data.

This will also be required in cut over phase before go live to convert all data after migration.

This report is not good in performance, no error handling,  so you can change it with parallel processing for faster processing and better error handing for reconciliation. Since you will have short time window in cut over phase and if the volume is large then you should consider this as a big activity after migration.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for the reply .

For the newly created data also we need to execute this report ..Only then will the POD allocation work?

Also the execution screen of this report has a mention of the statuses to be replaced..Do we necessarily have to change the statuses( We use statuses like I1413 presently).

The help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Rishika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishika,

This report is to be executed only for old data. New data will automatically have an entry in table CRMD_ISUEXTA4.

All CRM UI Guided processes for Quote/Contract for search/create work on this table so its mandatory to have data prefilled through the report.

You do not need to change the status until it is breaking any functionality.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for the help, have one more doubt.

Can you please suggest us how to correct this error while creating service contracts through CRMD_ORDER transaction ?

For existing contracts we have handled through the report ECRM_ISU_GENERATE_INDEX.

But while creating the service contract through CRMD_ORDER, we still get the error “ Assign product &1 to a point of delivery”

This is because the field A4PODGUID is not populated during creation. How do you suggest to populate it ?

Currently we are using the BAPI BAPI_BUSPROCESSND_CREATEMULTI to create service contracts. Will this work for CRM 7  also.

If this will not work in your opinion please suggest an alternative one if possible.

Thanks

Rishika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishika,

CRMD_ORDER transaction is now outdated to create any transaction in CRM.

You should create service contract from UTIL_IC business role in web UI.

CRMD_ORDER transaction can only be used for display/analysis purpose.

BAPI_BUSPROCESSND_CREATEMULTI - I wouldn't recommend to use this rather use CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN directly or use class CL_CRM_ISU_ORDER_CHANGE.

In above class you have methods like SET_POD , SET_PRODUCT, SET_DATE, SET_PARTNER etc which will take care of filling data in all required tables.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. Very much appreciated.

For our client we have requirement to create service contract through program/webservice. Hence we are forced to use BAPI / FM to create service contract.

In CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN , Currently we are passing the below values for ibase component.

In table it_ordprp_objl_i_d , fields REF_GUID and IBASE_COMPONENT are filled.

In table lt_input_fields , Object Name as ORDPRP_I and field name as IBASE_COMPONENT is passed along with  GUID.

But still we are getting the POD error.

Do you have any idea on the parameters to pass which will fill the A4PODGUID , so that the error is not raised ?

Also regarding creating service contract using classes, can it be achieved only using the class methods CL_CRM_ISU_ORDER_CHANGE.

Wont we need to use CL_CRM_IU_PR_CNTR_START_HD or CL_CRM_IU_PR_CNTR_START ?

Thanks for the help again,

Rishika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishika,

I think ORDER PRP_I object is also obsolete. The POD linkage in CRM 7 is from table CRMD_ISUEXTA4.

Call CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN to create header , items , dates, partners, products.

You may need to create business agreement as well if not created already and set it on item.

To add POD call method CL_CRM_ISU_ORDER_CHANGE=>SET_POD using ITEM GUID and POD GUID.

To add business agreement call method CL_CRM_ISU_ORDER_CHANGE=>SET_BUAG using ITEM GUID and BUSINESS AGREEMENT ID or GUID.

The classes CL_CRM_IU_PR_CNTR_START_HD or CL_CRM_IU_PR_CNTR_START are for utilities Process Framework and used in UI. You cannot use those classes to create contract but you can have a look at them to refer the data is being set.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Naresh !!

Really helped us!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh ,

Do you recommend to use CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN directly or use the class methods CL_CRM_ISU_ORDER_CHANGE for creating the service contract.

Which approach is the SAP recommended one.

1) Using the class methods CL_CRM_ISU_ORDER_CHANGE ? (With this approach multiple calls are made to CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN)

2) Populate the required data using custom code for CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN and call it directly ? (With this approach will not be adapting to the new standard code/classes provided by SAP).

Thanks

Rishika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishika,

CL_CRM_ISU_ORDER_CHANGE is mainly used in process framework for utilities.

Multiple calls to CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN should be ok as long as INPUT_FIELDS are passed correctly.

Have a comparison of performance since I did not create service contracts using custom program.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help me for this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh,

did you run the report ECRM_ISU_GENERATE_INDEX to fill the mentioned table?

Regards,

Frank