Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use cache In Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have Sap BO 4.0 with Support Pack 2

we have 16 dashboards on production server.

but I need to know how should I use this cache concept because

user need if they run that dashboard 20 times a time for next 19 times it should open directly from cache

means it should use cache concept so that it will not take much run time.

so I need to know how should I use this Cache concept..

Regards,

Sagar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sagar

As of my knowledge cache part of memory which is use to speed up the execution of a process in a short time.Hope there no ways to store reports in a cache but by default system only stores frequently accessed data in a cache,manually we cant change cache data.

If you are opening single report again and again cache will utilised,if we opened reports in a random manner because of less cache memory availability it might take mode time.

Thanks

Dipsy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Dipsy,

I have one more query Is that possible to add email component in dashboard.also it is available with sap bo 4.0 or 4.1

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to send email from the dashboard, if so check the below link.

Tips for Emailing from Xcelsius

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Suman

it will send the dashboard attachment with that mail

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So far emailing dashboard is not possible, you check with some third party tool for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I am designing a FI Dashboard It contain 3 KPI so can u suggest me a proper design so my client will attract with that design they don't want design as too simple

also they are considering the selection as month,year,quarter,company,project

Regards,

Sagar

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Dashboard used help them to make the analysis rather than attractive. Four prompts are ok, but need to understand using the 3 kpi what they want to view  against which dimensions.

Exmaple : Let us take quantity, revenue against company code, plant, segments or drilling down from company code to plant to segment. which you need to ask the concerned team so that we can proceed the design with attractive appearance.

Please close the discussion if you got clarified and open you new discussion on new queries.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankx Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

Is that possible to trigger email from web I with scenario daily

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suman

waiting for u r reply

I got one blog from sap.com so I have did the same setting on cmc console for email'

but when I am clicking on email from web I it is sending an email but it is not getting received

by recipient also M not getting any notification or error msg about failure or alert.

I used the smtp configuration for mail server..

Regards,

Sagar M

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos