Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware and Software Requirements für AAD

calvin-klein
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @ll,

i have a question about the sizing recommendation for the CFE and SFE. There is one in the installation guide (page 8), but ..

CFE                     SFE                     Repository

Architecture  x86 (i386) or x86-64    x86 (i386) or x86-64    x86 (i386) or x86-64

CPU           1 GB RAM                2 GB RAM                2 GB RAM

4 GB recommended        8 GB recommended        4 GB recommended

Memory        30 GB                   40 GB                   60 GB

100 GB recommended      200 GB recommended      200 GB recommended

This could not be real - i think ... 200 GB memory for the server. Can anybody give a recommendation for the sizing of all components ??

Thank you ... Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is marked as assumed answered but stays without a reply. Therefore, I reply here to help those who read this thread in the future.

@Jochen: The numbers you cite are hardware requirements not sizing recommendations and I suspect that you have misread the guide; the "200GB" is not for the RAM memory but for the HDD quota.

Hardware requirements for SFE:

* CPU: Quad core, x86 (i386) or recommended x86-64

* HDD: min 40 GB / rec 200GB

* RAM: min 2GB / rec 8GB

Hardware requirements for CFE:

* CPU: Dual Core, x86 (i386) or recommended x86-64

* HDD: min 30 GB / rec 100GB

* RAM: min 1GB / rec 4GB

Hardware requirements for the Repository:

* CPU: x86 (i386) or recommended x86-64

* HDD: min 60GB / rec 200GB

* RAM: min 2GB / rec 4GB

For the sizing guidelines we use a linear model to estimate:

SFE RAM = 500MB + 80MB * (number of branches) * (number of delivered services for the slot)

CFE RAM = 80MB * (number of services delivered for the slot)

Important Note:

* Increasing the number of accelerated services requires more RAM. Therefore, if a customer enables more services for acceleration, it is important to do sizing-relevant performance and load tests to avoid problems in a productive environment.

Disclaimer:

* The sizing model gives just a rough estimation. In a real environment every customer should make thorough load and performance testing.

* The hardware requirements are general recommendation and assume max 25 CFEs per SFE, max 300 concurrent users on CFE and max 10 SFEs on the repository.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)