cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to see ILM options in archiving objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have activated ILM business functions from Sfw5 transaction. After which i am able to see the ILM browers tab in the SARA Transaction.I can see the bulb glowing. However here  is where i need your help.

When i click on ILM browser nothing happens. I type in any archiving object say FI_Documnt  and go to the write program , i do not see the ILM options of archiving,snapshot and destruction.   I am confused. is ILM really activated on my system or not. how should i proceed ahead.  Please suggest.

Thanks,

nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The ILM enhanced options for the archive object will not be displayed until you have created an Audit area and added the relevant archive object.  You create an ILM Audit area with transaction ILMARA.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

And, to be more specific, you need to have the correct SAP license before you activate this functionality as well as an ILM certified storage solution.  You will then need to have the connection set up between SAP and the ILM storage solution with a valid ILM store configured.  Then you will be able to create an Audit Area and the ILM Policy (retention rule) for the archive object.

Only then, will you be able to see and use the ILM enhancements to the SAP data archive objects.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Karin. I checked we do have SAP ILM license.

When i use transaction ILMARA  it takes me to the link below and the webpage does not give anything.

http://hostname:8000/sap/public/myssocntl?sap-client=100

I also went in to  ILM RM-Admin cockpit -->Audit Areas-->clicked on Process Aduit area and it again took me too the same link and did not nothing.

Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have your connection set up to the ILM certified storage solution?  As, you need that to happen before you can create an ILM audit area and then an ILM Policy.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kori, The above inputs were helpful and i am now able to see the ILM actions in the Archiving objects. There were quite a few  services that i had to activate as well.

I need one more input. I have only ABAP stack on my SAP system. and as far i read the documents XML DAS is the only way to connect the webdav storage but that needs the java stack. I do not have that AS JAVA.  Any suggestion how to do this with ABAP stack. I am planning to use sybase IQ database for the storage.  Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are at ECC 6.0 EhP 6, then, you do not need Java for SAP ILM.  You can use just the ABAP stack.  We have it working that way at my company.  Although, I am not familiar with the Sybase IQ requirements - so not sure if that needs Java?

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank  Karin. I am at  EEC 6.0  EHP7 . So i guess need not to use JAVA.   In your envoirment did you used XML DAS or SRS. In other thread  one senior person suggested to use SRS.  Did you used opentext archive server as the webdav storage? Is possible for you to guide me a bit about connecting it to opentext archive server as webdav storage. I have bit of knowledge of archive server and opentext content server 9.7 and 10. I have both sybase IQ database and opentext at my workplace.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please use tcode IRM_CUST to look for ILM specific settings.

refer SAP help for more details https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c6/ec557a6b2a4bd29905a7f73915d075/content.htm

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Deepak. I tried but could not find anything which can make the ILM options of Archiving snapshot destruction avaialble in Archiving objects. As per what i have understood , once your ILM is activated , your SARA transaction should contain the ILM browser and archivng objects should have an ILM section. Any other suggestions?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please check whether these roles are attach to your user

SAP_BC_ILM_ADMIN_RM

SAP_BC_ILM_LOB_RM

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i do have both these roles assigned to my user.