cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print multiple delivery notes for specific client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One of our key-users just asked me if it is possible to print 2 delivery notes for a specific client. As a default.

The problem is that there is already a condition for output type ZDG1 (in our case), because all delivery notes should be printed on a specific printer.

I think it is not possible to create another condition for the same delivery type (LF) but for a specific customer. Is it?

Regards,

Karin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean by " 2 different notes".

Do you mean:

2 different formulars

2 kopies

2 different "text-notes" inside the formular

i dont know why any of these should not be possible. in the end you can devine a new message-type and trigger it via new condition in message-schemata.

can you explain your requirement?

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems the customer wants two copies of the same delivery note.

My knowledge of SAP is limited. I understand that you can create a new message type, but how do you connect that to one specific customer?

Regards,

Karin

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

well 2 copies is easy.

go to transaction NACE.

mark V2 press "conditions"

double click your condition

press F8

mark entry by entry end set copies to 2 via communication-button

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

As I wrote before there is already one condition for the output type LF, not connected to any customer, in order to print the delivery note on the right printer.

It is impossible (so it seems) to add another entry for LF, linked to a specific customer, in order to print 2 copies.

Regards,

Karin

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

you need to contact one of your SD-Consultants, which made the messaging. It is possible to customize it in that way, that there are always two copies or even for one specific customer are two copies default.

See the official documentation here: Message Control Customizing in Sales (SD): Example - Message Control (CA-GTF-BS) - SAP Library

That is a scenario which is often used at our customers.

Another idea would be, to enhance the dirverprogram of the form and build an custom-logic. That might be the better solution if you got a lot of different customers with such requierements.

But that need some time to form a concept and build it in a good way.

~Florian

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sry i forgot about the fact you want it for a specific user.

well if client is not a part of your condition by now. you have to add a new "access sequence" in customizing (duno if this is translated correct). add all the fields from your old access sequence and add the client.

thats all.

then u need a new entry as i wrote above.

dont forget about ur access sequence needs to be marked as exlusive

heres a screenshot of SPRO

regards

stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your reply.

I have thought about putting it in the driver program, but that would ask more of my abap-capabilities than I own at this moment.

So I think the right thing for me to do at this moment (apart from reading your link) is informing my manager that we have to ask our (external) SAP-partner to do this.

Regards,

Karin

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

adding a copy for 1 client should always be done by CU not by driver programm.

you can go with the screenshot i added .

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will give it a try...

Thanks for the input.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I'm absolutely with you... but it always depends how specific it is used and how much overload you generate by doing this with customizing.

So I think a good modification is better than a bad customizing

~Florian

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to

identify what output type you use. Easiest way is go in ur delivery and look it up.

then you need to check what access sequence is the 1 used in ur output-type. you will find that in customizing in my screenshot under "output type" the access-sequence is a field somewhere inside ur output-type-details.

then u go under access sequences and look up the actual sequence and what fields are used.

then u add a new condition table with all the fields in ur actual access sequence + the client.

do all the settings in the new condition table as in ur old condition table (condition table is shown in access-sequence)

then go to access sequence and add the new table. go to details. link all the fields to the fields of your delivery (should be done automatically)

save the settings.

transport the settings to your test-system

add the new condition-entry for the new access-sequence in NACE

test the new settings by creating a delivery for the client.

if this is too much contact your consultants. this addition should be done quickly.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

How do I know which of the access sequences is being used? I can see quite a lot of them...

Karin

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi florian,

your right, the simplest solution is mostly the best. but in this case you want differnet effects by different clients. sometimes other client want the same solution too - when its developt and working. sometimes they want to remove it again after 1or 2 years. if you done it hardcoded, you have to change the programm everytime. if you use your own CU-Tab in the programm to do it dynamically you could have used the sap standard from beginning.

and sticking close to the standard saves money in the end.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i thought about it as i saw ur post that you will go for it...

i think my description posted above will help you.

if you still have questions feel free to ask but i think it would be then better to ask your consultants for help since they could assist with telefon support or stuff like that

the changing itself may take only 10 min. what costs time is to identify the right output type and to test the setting afterwards - dont forget about documentation as well

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answers were coming all at the same time.

I ám trying to implement the changes you suggest, but your 10 minutes is certainly not my 10 minutes

I just created a new condition table with the correct fields (delivery type and ship-to-party).

Busy with the next step...

Regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have created a new condition table (copied from the original) and added the sold-to-party.

When I try to add it to to access sequence I get an error that says 'the field assignment has not been made'.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Karin

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

its not an error, its just a warning u can bypass with pressing enter. just go into details and look if all assignments have been done automatically.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

That worked .

The next step is not so obvious for me.

Do I create a new message type in NACE and connect the new access sequence or do I change the existing one?

Regards,

Karin

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Happy to announce.... it works like a charm.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

Karin

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

im happy to hear it worked

kind regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the delay, I am not working wednesdays

The key user has been testing and it seems to work. He wasn't quite sure though. I guess he will do some thorough testing today.

I am very positive myself, though. Love the solution you helped me with. Thanks a lot for all your effort.

Will let you know as soon as I hear from the UK.

Regards,

Karin

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karin,

does it work?

regards

Stefan Seeburger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think I got it.... Testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry

Still don't understand, I feel very stupid indeed.

NACE, that I understand. Select 'V2', than output types. When I click on ZDG1 (our delivery note) I can see in the details that there is an access sequence 0001 there.

Should I change that?

Where is the popup coming?

Regards,

Karin

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

when GOING to NACE, mark V2 and klick on Condition Records u get a list likebelow screenshot. You double klick on ZDG1 and you will see a popup with 2 lines (first with only "delivery type" second with delivery type and ship-to-party". You mark the line with delivery type and ship-to-party and then you can maintain the values. test this at the same system where you done the changes.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi karin,

plz post on bottom not as replay   its confusing to search for new posts in middle of the conversation.

well what you done is, you added a new position inside ur access sequence. and checked the "exclusive" button.

what happens is when you go to NACE and klick on ur output-type. it will now generates a popup on what access-method-position you want to maintain ur condition. you now just add a single entry for the client that wants a copy.

regards

Stefan Seeburger