cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"UFL 'u2ltdate' that implements this function is missing."

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working through migrating older reports from a very outdated version of Crystal into a newer version and trialing Crystal Server 2013 with Crystal Reports for Enterprise.  The only problem I am running into is that I have many reports using the NumberToDate function to pull a number string and form it into a date for the report.  I really need this function to work because we rely on it quite heavily.  When I pull reports that use it into my new environment I am given the following error:

"UFL 'u2ltdate' that implements this function is missing."

I have found the u2ltdate.dll on the web and transferred it into the following folders: windows/system32 and program files(x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/win32_x86 and the win64_x64 as well just to be sure.  But to no avail I am still unable to use the NumberToDate function.  I have even tried copying the u2ltdate.dll from our older server, and this doesn't work either.  I really need to get this working as soon as possible.    I don't know if I need a 64 bit dll because it is windows server 2008 or if I don't have it in the right places.  Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't just copy the file, you also have to "register" it with the system using regasm:

Run REGASM from the command prompt:

regasm "<path to DLL file>\<name of your UFL>"

-Dell

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same error. But I am trying to use a COM DLL in cr4e-all-in-one-win_2.0.18. The DLL is also placed in the folder : C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86. Still I get the same error. Where should the DLL be placed.

0 Kudos

Hi Agnes,

See above, you need to create/convert that C++ UFL into a Java UFL

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure on how to convert the C++ UFL to Java UFL. I only have the DLL already implemented in my crystal report. Any help on that please.

0 Kudos

You have to rewrite it in Java.

Search is not working for me right now but I believe this is the KBA you want.

1258696 - Java Custom Functions for Crystal Report 2008

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply! Search does not work for me either. Do I need to rewrite it to Java UFL even if I am using cr4e-all-in-one-win_2.0.18 to generate crystal reports. Also, Do I need to change the Options-> Formula Editor->UFL Support to "Java UFLs Only". Currently C/COM UFLs Only is selected in crystal reports.

0 Kudos

Yes, and search is working again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell, Thanks for the help, I tried that and it wouldn't register, it seems that it might have some dependencies.  I can't quite figure out what they are though. 

Maybe I need the entire UFL, I am pretty new to Crystal Reports and have been tasked with getting this up and running.  Where I can find the numbertodate UFL, all of the links that I can find on SAP's site do not work anymore. 

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just copied the dll to my CR 2013 image and voila, the dll and functions do show up in the designer. So, no regasm needed. E.g.; do take a look at the depends 20.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran the depends 20 and this was my result:  Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.  It looks like my u2ltdate.dll is possible a 32 bit version and that might be my issue.  Is there a way that I could get the dll that you have and try that out?  Thanks!    

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That dll is for sure 32 bit. It's very old and there are no plans to create a 64 bit version - that I know of.

I am curious; when did you get the error? I've never see Depends throw it...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh really?  Well should it still work, or is there a way to make it work?

I got the error right when I first opened the u2ltdate.dll into Depends, I got this error: "Errors were detected when processing "c:\windows\system32\u2ltdate.dll".  See the log window for details.  Then the log window is what said: "Error: Modules with different CPU types were found."

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm... not sure what is going on there. I use WIN 2008 Server and I can see the UFL in my designer and Depends does not complain at all. I've attached the dll I was able to find. It's renamed to txt, so unzip the attached file and then rename the txt ro .dll.

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Hi Warre,

Don't put the ufl into the \windows\system32 folder. Nothing should go there now.

I doubt this will ever work in CR for Enterprise. It's a Java Designer so the only way to make it work is to create a Java UFL.

Search for this KBA:

1803967 - How to make a Java UFL available in Crystal Reports 2011 Designer?

Same for CR for Ent., you need a Java UFL.

Only way to make this work is to convert the UFL to Java or use Crystal Reports 2011 or 2013.

See this MS Forum post I responded to also:

Custom Crystal DLLs with Crystal Reports 2008 for Visual Studio Run Time

And this one:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35036

And this one:

Try searching, there is a kbase article with a sample attached.

And you will need a 64 bit version because some of the report processing servers may be 64 bit only but I believe the Crystal Report Processing Server is 32 bit only. It will need the UFL copied into it's \win32_x86 folder.

Only issue you should have is using CR for Ent. to design/update/create the reports with that function. Use CR 2011 or 2013 and it should work.

Problem is we no longer have the source code for that UFL and others, quite often they were written by Support people and therefore not saved into our code source system.

Don

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very good chance you can use native Crystal functions to do the same logic (without leaning on that UFL).

0 Kudos

Ah very good point Ido. A lot of those old UFL's were replaced with built in functionality. Variables is another example of built in function that used to relay on a UFL.

So it may simply be you can manually update the reports and replace those functions with built in Functions.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Warren, I missed the CR for E part and I do have to agree with Don. Sorry. Note to self; read, read, read...

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Warren

Actually, that is an older dll and I do not think you need to regasm it. I'm referencing this KBA, but I do not want to negate Dells' input either... (e.g.; I'll do a bit more research on this dll).

In the meantime, it may be that a dependency is missing for the UFL. See if the Depends20 utility points you to some missing dll.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter