cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after upgrading to 1.18

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrading to 1.18 I am getting this error: An Error occurred in the data manipulation engine. Check the manipulation parameters. (HDB 01001)

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also reverting back to 1.17 but still get this error no matter what I try to view or create.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend you clean-up the old install locations, and then reinstall.

Please delete these folders (entirely) including their contents inside:

C:\Users\Public\sappa

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi

then reinstall.  it should work!

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I uninstall I get the following error in the log file:

!SESSION 2014-08-13 16:51:53.850 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_51
java.vendor=SAP AG
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -application com.sap.hilo.backend.helpers.application step5 step7
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -application com.sap.hilo.backend.helpers.application step5 step7

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-08-13 16:51:56.642
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Java_com_sap_hilo_security_encryption_internal_windpapi_JniFacade_decryptBlob : Error during decryption (code=-2146893813)
at com.sap.hilo.security.encryption.internal.windpapi.JniFacade.decryptBlob(Native Method)
at com.sap.hilo.security.encryption.internal.windpapi.WinDPAPIEncryptionFacade.decryptBlob(WinDPAPIEncryptionFacade.java:56)
at com.sap.hilo.engine.sybase.SybaseBackendConnector.connect(SybaseBackendConnector.java:111)
at com.sap.hilo.engine.sybase.SybaseBackendConnector.connect(SybaseBackendConnector.java:40)
at com.sap.hilo.engine.sybase.SybaseLocalBackendStarter.shutdownServer(SybaseLocalBackendStarter.java:895)
at com.sap.hilo.engine.sybase.SybaseLocalBackendStarter.emergencyShutdown(SybaseLocalBackendStarter.java:927)
at com.sap.hilo.backend.helpers.BackendStarterApplication.start(BackendStarterApplication.java:48)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

Although I recieved the above error during the uninstall i deleted the following folders

C:\Users\Public\sappa

C:\Users\Public\sapvi

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira

I could not find C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi

I reinstalled and it works now!

Thank you very much for your help.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

great, please mark this thread as answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

This is Zayed from Sybase Middle East.

I am in a POC at the client side and I am getting the same error when I have installed the 32 Lumira version 1.18 on windows 7 machine. I have tried all the above step as recommended but with no luck .  When opening the samples " Best Run corp" still the error persist . I am unable to make any new visualization as well.

I am able to log on to the universe , select the universe as well , but as soon I select he dimension and measure to acquire the data it provides the error.

when selecting the excel sheet to create visualization , it give me the same error An Error occurred in the data manipulation engine. Check the manipulation parameters. (HDB 01001).

Below is error log

!SESSION 2014-08-26 12:00:33.177 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.7.0_51

java.vendor=SAP AG

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-08-26 12:00:34.096

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

java.util.zip.ZipException: Exception in opening zip file: C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\plugins\com.businessobjects.foundation.logging_14.0.4.r1094_v20130605.jar

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:287)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.basicOpen(ZipBundleFile.java:87)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.getZipFile(ZipBundleFile.java:100)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.checkedOpen(ZipBundleFile.java:73)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.getEntry(ZipBundleFile.java:245)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseData.getEntry0(BaseData.java:114)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseData.getEntry(BaseData.java:105)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.AdaptorUtil.loadManifestFrom(AdaptorUtil.java:187)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest0(EclipseStorageHook.java:410)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:397)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.createCachedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:392)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:512)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.loadManifest(BaseStorage.java:316)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BundleInstall.begin(BundleInstall.java:82)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorkerPrivileged(Framework.java:941)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework$1.run(Framework.java:845)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework$1.run(Framework.java:1)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorker(Framework.java:904)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installBundle(Framework.java:840)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:137)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:131)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.installBundles(ConfigApplier.java:197)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.install(ConfigApplier.java:89)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:129)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:143)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start(Activator.java:48)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Open failed for file 'C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\plugins\com.businessobjects.foundation.logging_14.0.4.r1094_v20130605.jar' with error message 'couldn't find 'END' tag'.

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:239)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:166)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:180)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:274)

... 41 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-08-26 12:00:34.102

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

java.util.zip.ZipException: Exception in opening zip file: C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\plugins\com.sap.hilo.datasource.hanaview_1.18.0.201407172028-1095.jar

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:287)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.basicOpen(ZipBundleFile.java:87)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.getZipFile(ZipBundleFile.java:100)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.checkedOpen(ZipBundleFile.java:73)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.ZipBundleFile.getEntry(ZipBundleFile.java:245)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseData.getEntry0(BaseData.java:114)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseData.getEntry(BaseData.java:105)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.AdaptorUtil.loadManifestFrom(AdaptorUtil.java:187)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest0(EclipseStorageHook.java:410)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getGeneratedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:397)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.createCachedManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:392)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseStorageHook.getManifest(EclipseStorageHook.java:512)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.loadManifest(BaseStorage.java:316)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BundleInstall.begin(BundleInstall.java:82)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorkerPrivileged(Framework.java:941)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework$1.run(Framework.java:845)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework$1.run(Framework.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installWorker(Framework.java:904)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installBundle(Framework.java:840)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:137)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:131)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.installBundles(ConfigApplier.java:197)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.install(ConfigApplier.java:89)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:129)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:143)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start(Activator.java:48)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Open failed for file 'C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\plugins\com.sap.hilo.datasource.hanaview_1.18.0.201407172028-1095.jar' with error message 'couldn't find 'END' tag'.

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:239)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:166)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:180)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.getZipFile(SecureAction.java:274)

... 41 more

Kindly help.

Regards,

Zayed

dongpan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zayed,

I am wondering whether you used a Windows admin user to install Lumira Desktop, which is required as per the Lumira installation guide. Also try using the same user to run Lumira Desktop and see if the issue still happens.

Regards,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

I have used the local administrator of the PC to install Lumira and running the application with the same user.

On thing I forgot to mention that P.C does not have internet connection avilable on it as its a secured environment and the customer cannot expose the P.C outside the intranet.

Thanks and Regards,

Zayed

dongpan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Zayed,

Are you able to access the jar files mentioned in the log files manually using the same user account? Copy a jar file in the plugins folder, and paste it within the same folder (give it a different name), and then change the file extension from .jar to .zip. Double click on it and see if you can see the content of the file.

Regards,

Dong

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please be aware that this is a customer-facing forum, so not the correct place for internal questions by an employee with regards to a POC.

please revert to internal JAM group BIPedia .

thank you

regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

some suggestions:

1.  You might want to try a ‘clean’ uninstall / reinstall . After uninstalling, try deleting these folders:

•   C:\Users\Public\sapvi
  • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira
  • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\sapvi

Now - download again the SP18 package from www.service.sap.com/swdc and  re-install.

2.  Next, to launch the application, explicitly click "Run as Administrator" on the Lumira.exe

3. Next thing to look for (this is where the error may be) - When you ‘acquire’ data, the iqsrv15.exe process should appear in the Task Manager. This is the data being imported into the
local Sybase DB – does this process even show up?

4. Do as Dong suggests, your errors are quite specific: Open failed for file 'C:\Program Files\SAP
Lumira\Desktop\plugins\com.businessobjects.foundation.logging_14.0.4.r1094_v20130605.jar'
with error message 'couldn't find 'END' tag'.

5. You should open your own thread in the Lumira SCN space *AFTER* having carefully done the above steps.

Regards,
H

p.s. as a side note, I would strongly recommend *if possible* to use the 64-bit Lumira as 32-bit version is likely soon being deprecated . See post by solution management here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3582531

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry,

I have tried he above step, apparently by deleting the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SAP\Lumira folder and the registry entry , it has worked.

What I understood, that SAP Lumira software was corrupted as it was running on the VM workstation and while converting VM workstation to Server edition to be uploaded on the VM sevrer the Jar files got corrupted.

One more thing , I also checked the JAVA security on the local PC were also high , hence reduced them to medium.

Thanks for your support

Regards,

Zayed Shaikh

Answers (0)