cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of old archived data from SAP Content Server to OpenText Archive Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SAP Content server for archiving and all archived data till now were stored in it using content repository. Now we are planning to shift to OpenText data archiving and currently this is in-progress.

We need to migrated all the old archived data from SAP content server to our OpenText Archive system and all those data needs to be retrieved/accessed from our SAP ECC system. Please suggest methodology to acheive this migration strategy.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Roby.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Nico1966
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roby,

I have done this in the past when migrating from IXOS to EMC Centerra.

Basically what I did (with the help of some abap's I developped for this purpose) is to fetch the archived data from the archive server (in your case the SAP content server) so that it is placed back again in the filesystem of the SAP server. You can test that by clicking in SARA at the 'Store' button, where you see the option to retrieve allready stored archive files back to the so called exchange directory (the directory where the archive files existed before the store step has been executed).

Once all the archive files are retrieved from the content server and stored on teh file system of the SAP server (check the capacity of that filesystem), you simply change the content repository of that archive object to the new repository pointing to the Opentext archive server.
Once taht is done, you execute the store step in SARA again, and the file (previously retrieved) will be stored to the nex content repository on Opentext. You can automate this process if you want.

<removed by moderator, if you want to share your email address, then switch the setting in your user profile>

Best regards, Nico Kuijper

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not asking for the migration of ArchiveLink documents. We are in need to migrate the previously archived Data.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roby,

Please have a look into SAP Note 1043676 - Migration of ArchiveLink Documents

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori