cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greek Characters not printing through Zebra printer in SAP Script

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a label in SAP script in ZPL to be printed on ZM400 printer in Greece.

issue is whenever Greek characters are there on label, its printing Garbage value.

I also tried priting from Zebra designer software, still same issue. Greek characters are printed as #.

I changed the language of Zebra Desgner to Greek and then trigerred print, still same issue.

I already checked notes: 1173046, 750772, 179534 and tried all the options mentioned.

Same result.

Can you please help me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yiming_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you can contact Zebra directly for the solution.

Regards,
Yiming

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Yiming.

Same reply I got when raised OSS message with SAP.

We have asked client to arrange Zebra technician to help on this.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe Zebra printers do not out-of-the-box support Greek font/Greek chars.

Which method of printing to the Zebra printer are you using (what is your device type for the printer in SPAD)?

The three notes you mention basically describe three technically totally different methods.

0 Kudos

thanks for your Reply Alexander.

Device type we tried : LZEBS2, LZEBS3, LZEBS6 and 1 mentioned in note 750772.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok, so you are using the SAP-developed ZPL2 printer driver for Smart Forms with corresponding device types as of note 750772.

For Greek, you need to try the LZEBSx device types, these were built (many years ago) relying on the presence of a certain font "Swis721BT" in the printer firmware (which supports Greek chars).

If this does not work with your printer, I assume this printer does not have this resident Swis721BT font.

The note mentions (under 10) a method to obtain the Swis721BT font from Zebra. Have you tried this? Or have you tried to send the small text file to the printer which makes it print its font directory, so you can see the onboard fonts?

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos

I am creating label on SAPScript and Swis721BT is already installed on printer.