Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BRM Rules Edit API Exception

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to use the BRM Rules Edit API and Edit an existing row in the Decision Table. I am able to Edit the values of Conditional Cells in the Decision Table, but when I try to Edit the Action Cells, I am getting "com.sap.brms.rulesedit.RulesEditAPIException: Unable to parse the given value".

I did see some one saying that While setting the value to an Action Cell of String type, use aCell.setValue("EB1".toString()). I tried this approach too but didnt work for me.

I am working on SAP CE 7.31 SP06.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

SrinivaS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Finally managed to resolve the issue, sorry for the delayed update.

Actually, For Action fields, BRM stores the string values as 'value', for example, value xyz inside an action cell will be stored as 'xyz' . We found this by downloading an existing Decision table content to excel.

Accordingly, we have modified out code to pass the string value with single quotes and it worked.

So, working solution is

aCell.setValue("'value'")

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to develop an application which update a brm decision table but I am facing a compilation problem and I am not sure that I follow the righ way to develop my program.

Could you explain me how you do, or have you some code Samples ?

Thank you for your help and have a good day.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Was the error resolved .

Please reply what all changes need to done for resolving the issue .

As I am also facing the same exception.

Please reply.

Regards

Mani Gupta

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant,

Thank you for your reply.

Data type of the column I am trying to set is String.

First I tried to use aCell.setValue("EB1"), didn't work.

Exception is : "com.sap.brms.rulesedit.RulesEditAPIException: Unable to parse the given value"

Do you have any working scenario with you? were you able to set values to the Action Columns of DT?

Regards,

Srinivas

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post the full error log trace.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What error are you getting without using  '.toString()' ?

The error you face is because of this clause. Remove it and make sure that the data type of the value you are trying to set is exactly the same as the data type of the Column Attribute of the Decision Table.