SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Code Check for Fund Centre and FI Entry Company Code so that they are Consistent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am having one issue that if post to a Company Code XXXX and I use a fund centre of Company Code YYYY system allows to do so and it does not check if the fund centre belongs to other company code. I have assigned the field company code as required in fund centre master data. This will allow user to do mistake while choosing the fund centre.

Please advise what is way to activate or build that check or is there any functionality for cross company code fund centre.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rohit Goel

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fund centres are part of FM area and not company code. If you want the segregation by company codes, why would you create unique FM area?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Eli,

You can have multiple company codes in one FM Area.

Thanks

Shyam

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And ? That's my point: fund centre belongs to FM area. If a segregation on company code is required, then there is no sense in having one FM area.

0 Kudos

Eli

In that case you will not be able to transfer budget across company codes.

Thanks

Shyam

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Budget as all FM objects are on FM area basis. Therefore, transferring budget between company codes is irrelevant, as you cannot transfer something which does not exist

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bottom line: there is no such a check, because it contradicts FM concept. However, it's possible to implement such a check via BADIs/user-exit in FM or even simple validation in FI (OB28). However, as I mentioned, it would be better to revise master data structure, as such a configuration is not very logical.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks for suggestion!

I want to check if I create one FM area per Company code how the FI intercompany transactions behave in FM.

Regards

Rohit Goel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They behave normally, but I didn't suggest anything

I just pointed out, that segregation of FM master data in company level makes no sense and, maybe, a more thorough analysis on the FM architecture is required.

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohit,

The fund center in commitment and actuals postings is usually derived from the cost center or similar CO Objects. There is no checking of company codes in FM although there is in CO.

Thanks

Shyam