Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDP determination for opportunity transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Hope all are doing good.

I have a Requirement like,

Need to trigger a bill-to-party in the opportunity transaction only based on BP relationships(Access sequences-Source) using Partner determination procedure(PDP).

I tried by taking,

Access sequence--> source=BP relationships and Partner function=Sold-to-party

And in PDP I used the same access sequence and maintained Bill-to-party as partner function. Finally assigned to Opportunity transaction.

Maintained BP relationships for STP and BTP before creating a opportunity transaction but still PDP doesn't worked.

As opportunity document having "Prospect" by nature, Is Prospect behaves as all the BP roles(If I enter STP)?.

Anyone please help me here, what are the exact Access sequences(source & partner function) and PDP determination i have to Use to get sorout this?.

Many Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatadri,

Please use the access sequence (0020 - Preceding Document -> Business Partner Relationships: Activity Partner) and check the result.

Prerequisites:

1. Business Partner relationship should be maintained between sold to party and bill to party.

2. Relationship Category - (Is the Bill to party of )should be maintained in the Partner function of Bill to party.

Let me know the result.

Warm regards,

Dinesh Sachdeva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your response.

Followed the same steps which you said but no result. I can't able to trigger Bill to party in the opportunity document.

The same requirement is perfectly working in the Sales and Service transaction documents.

No idea why this is not perfect in Lead and opportunity transactions.

reply me if you have any other solution.

Thanks,

Venkatadri Arigala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatadri,

I tried myself a couple of minutes before. It is working for me. I entered a sold to party in the "Prospects partner function" and Bill to party relationship was already maintained with Sold to party.

Please check the "Procedure User" assignment of opportunity under Partner determination procedure in Dialog Structure.

Keep the value "1" Minimum occurrence in the partner function "Bill to Party" in Partner determination Procedure.

Please check and let me know the result.

Thanks & regards,

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dinesh,

Many Thanks for your helpful info.

The golden mistake i did is wrongly maintained access sequence for sold to party as well.

Now PDP is working perfectly for Opportunity transaction.

Regards,

Venkatadri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatadri,

Good to hear that you have solved the issue by yourself.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Hmm..yes i did.

But your reply make me to think one more time.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Venkatadri.