SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Articles with Batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

When we post a sale in WPER we are getting an error saying "Enter Batch XXXXXXXX". I have that article batch managed and I have done the below steps.. but still I am getting this error.

1. Created a  Characteristic via CT04 for batch handling in the search strategy with class type "23"table name "MCHA" and field name "CHARG". If you are working with fixed value of batches, define it as the characteristic values or if you have batches creating internally by the system, Put a * in it.

2. Created a class in CL02 with class type "23" and assign this newly created characteristic to it.

3. created a sort rule in CU70 and assign this same characteristic to it and select the ascending or desending check box based upon your choice of "FIFO" or "LIFO".

4. created a new strategy for batch determination while doing different inventory movements. Go to Logistics General  Batch Management  Batch Determination & Batch Check  Strategy Types  Define Inventory Management Strategy Type. Copy the standard one and create one for you and assign the class and sort sequence created above to it and define the number of spilts of batches, should happen, if in case one batch is insufflcient to handle the required movement of stock. maximum it could be 999.

5. created batch search procedure definition. Go to Logistics General  Batch Management  Batch Determination & Batch Check  Batch Search Procedure Definition  Define Inventory Management Search Procedure. Copy the standard one and create one for you and assign the condiiton type created in the step above (strategy) and save it.

6.  assigned the class created above to all the relevant article via CL20N.

7. assigned batch search procedure to the relevant movement types. Go to transaction OMCG and assign the mvt type 301, 311 and other relevant movement types.

8. Maintained the condition record for the Batch Search Strategy via MBC1 / MBC2.

9. Activated Batch classification for goods movements via OMCV as per choice.

10. Thru WE19 posted one WPUBON

11. Still I am getting the error " enter batch"

Thanks

MG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi MG,

as far as I know, POS Inbound doesn't support automatic Batch Determination in SAP Standard. So, you would have to implement the determination of the batch in a user-exit or BAdI and manipulate the data accordingly.

Hope it helps

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi MG,

as far as I know, POS Inbound doesn't support automatic Batch Determination in SAP Standard. So, you would have to implement the determination of the batch in a user-exit or BAdI and manipulate the data accordingly.

Hope it helps

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Tobias,

In WPUBON do you know which user exit we need to use? though I am guessing we need  to use "EXIT_SAPLWPUE_102" .

Best Regards

MG

0 Kudos

Hi M G,

I am really no dedicated POS Expert, but I would have a look at BAdI POS_WPUBON_MB_CREATE which should be called before posting the inventory document with FM MB_CREATE_GOODS_MOVEMENTS from an WPUBON IDoc. So, from my point of view, this seems like a good spot to add the batch number to the posting?

Regards

Tobias