Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to update data using Idoc

ankit_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

I am reprocessing an Idoc using an existing Idoc. I make changes to the following fields in its data segment: gross weight, net weight and volume.

When I check the material data via MM03 only net weight gets updated correctly and for other two fields old value is displayed.

What could be the issue? What should be the approach to trace this issue?

Regards,

Ankit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you made the changes in e1maram segment only, then it is of course not sufficient, since there was a design change at least 10 years ago. Those fields have to be maintained in e1marmm segment

7 REPLIES 7

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you made the changes in e1maram segment only, then it is of course not sufficient, since there was a design change at least 10 years ago. Those fields have to be maintained in e1marmm segment

0 Kudos

Can you elaborate it bit more on this? and what exactly needs to be done? I have not done any changes..I need to investigate this issue.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you want have explained, I assumed you are knowing what you are doing.

At least I would never get the idea to just take an existing idoc, change some values and try to re-post it, if I am not familiar with a process and the Idoc itself

If you know what you did and where you changed it, then you should as well see the segment names

make it easy, post a screen shot of your IDOC using we19

0 Kudos

I go to we19, enter one of the existing Idoc no.

I make changes to the data segment E1MARAM( have changed BRGEW, NTGEW, VOLUM)

after which I execute the standard inbound and then the inbound FM.

after doing the above when I check the material for which this Idoc was run using MM03(basic data1), I get the following:

Only Net Weight is updated correctly. What could be the possible reason?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

those fields are redundant in MARA and MARM table, as well as in the Idoc segment E1MARAM and E1MARMM.

But the fields in E1MARAM are not taken for update, you have to have a segment E1MARMM with the correct values to do the update.

former_member215575
Active Participant

Have you tried debugging the same?

Is E1MARAM segment used to change the values (BRGEW, NTGEW, VOLUM etc..)?

Any exits/BTEs clearing the values?

I can see the logic available to update the same in include LMV02F02.

0 Kudos

Yes, E1MARAM segment is used to change the values.

I did not see any exit/BTE clearing the values(in my case the old values are retained, they are not getting updated)...still checking for the same

I have been debugging the included LMV02F02 , I don't see issue with the logic available there..do you see any thing wrong over there?