SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Commitment item for one GL account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

Now, I'm getting some issue about Funds management.

- The first, my company have three department and the each of department have a budget. The detail, Department A have budget is 50M, Department B have budget is 40M and department C have budget is 60M. Therefore, I have create three commitment item corresponding  to three departments and three budget. In date 20.01.2014 my company have to buy material A for three department (A, B, C).

- Second, my company create a PR for three department (ABC) with three line item in t.code ME51. Here, can I assign three commitment item to corresponding to three line item? if i can do it then do the system check budget in the case? After that if the PR pass, then I create PO from PR and can I assign three commitment for three line item? In the PO, if I don't assign commitment item for three line Item then in the step of Good Receipt, how do the system process the problem?

Help me to process the issue!

Best regards, Huy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Commitment item, in reasonable master data management system, should not represent departments: you have fund centres for this. Commitment items in 95% of the cases will map your chart of accounts (G/L). Derivation of fund centre department could be done through other financial/logistic objects, as cost centres, profit centres, plants, etc.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Commitment item, in reasonable master data management system, should not represent departments: you have fund centres for this. Commitment items in 95% of the cases will map your chart of accounts (G/L). Derivation of fund centre department could be done through other financial/logistic objects, as cost centres, profit centres, plants, etc.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear you!

To according to your mean, I have to create three funds center to corresponding to three department. And in creating PR with the each line item I will assign it to a fund center. Correct??

Help me to process the issue, please!

Best regards, Huy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, correct. Fund centre could be either entered manually or derived, based on derivation rules defined in FMDERIVE transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear you!

Thank for your help!

Best regards, Huy