Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The picklist field //BTCATEGORYFIRST/CAT01 has no valuehelp descriptor

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are freshly starting our development system for CRM7 Service.

I have configured Categorization Schemas for service request and I have the following dump :The picklist field //BTCATEGORYFIRST/CAT01 has no valuehelp descriptor.

I have read some OSS Notes about the error "The picklist field //BTCATEGORYFIRST/CAT05 has no valuehelp descriptor" but it cannot be applied to our system as category 01 exists in our service request view.

Furthermore, when creating service request in a standard business role (servicepro), the dump does not occurs.

It only occurs on our specific business role that we have copied from the servicepro.

Would anyone has a solution for this error?

Best regards,

Anaïs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Anais,

we are facing the same issue in IC. can you please share how you got this resolved.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check OSS note 2146504 : Category Value help descriptor dump/end interaction.

I think this one helped us

Regards,

Anaïs

0 Kudos

Hello Anais,

Thankyou so much. the issue is resolved now. Some how iam not able to reward points.

Regards,

Jithin

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that Jithin

I have used another SCN account by mistake,must be the reason why you cannot reward points... Too bad for me

Anaïs

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Samantak Chatterjee, Arjun Pawar,

I did look at the notes given, they are either not valid for our release or did not change the dump after implementing the steps.

We have created enhancements for the views and here are the details:

Composant name: SRQM_INCIDENT_H

Page: INCIDENTHEADEREF

Component usage: CRM_SRQMIncidentH

Object type: CRM_SRQM_INCIDENT

See below the screenshot of technics details for the process type view and then for the search view.

I am not sure the problem comes from Categorization as, for some other process type, we do not have any schemas linked but the dump still occurs.

I am going to log an OSS call and will provide with their information.

Best regards,

Anaïs

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anais,

Thanks for all the information provided. It was very helpful for further analysis.

The views and the components as provided from your end were not enhanced by any customer enhancement set. Hence, the issue is not due to any custom code changes as per my understanding.

I hope the issue can be fixed by an OSS Note as this looks like a standard bug. Kindly share the analysis and the resolution so that it will serve with a good learning opportunity.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Samantak Chatterjee.

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anais,

I have checked the Note No: 1922044. Even though it is mentioned for the field Category 5, you can try the steps manually for the //BTCATEGORYFIRST/CAT01. Kindly follow the exact steps as mentioned in the Resolution. I have attached the final screen shot of the same.

Let me know if this is working fine. Else we need to try for something else.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Samantak Chatterjee.

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anais,

Can you check if any component or Service Request Component has been enhanced in your system by a custom enhancement set ? Also, can you let me know where exactly you got the dump ? For example when you clicked the Value help for the categorization or instantly after loading the Service Request Transaction Type ? Any screen shot will be really helpful as I am trying to replicate the issue in my IDES System.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Samantak Chatterjee.

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Samantak Chatterjee,

Thank you for your answer.

We do not have any enhanced of component or service request yet. We are using standard component.

The dump occurs when I load the Service Request (clicking on the SAP ID of the result list).

For example: I can create and save a service request with a categorization. Then, when I search the Service Request on the search page and click on the ID, the dump occurs.

You will find attached the screenshot of the dump:

I hope this information are helpful to replicate the issue.

Regards,

Anaïs

former_member182350
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You provide little more details - Component name and view by doing F2 on web UI at same view where these field .

However, it looks like standard issue, it's better raise ticket with sap. Also please refer below sap note if valid for ur release.

1017291 - Value-Update issues for Categories in CRM Web UI

1682903 - BTCATG field not part of SAPGUI Customizing

Let me know if doesn't resolve your issue.