cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust parameter for Data- and Log-Backup (MaxDB) scheduled in DB13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to do the following modification for the Data- and Log-Backups in DB13:

instead of:

"Execution of the Command DBMCLI On Host <hostname>

Parameter:

"-d SS1 -n <hostname> -uUTL -tpi <SID> -tpp no_longer_used -tpc <SID> backup_start CVBackup_full RECOVERY DATA AUTOIGNORE" "

we would like to execute:

"Execution of the Command through SQL-Connection On Host <hostname>

backup_start CVBackup_full RECOVERY DATA AUTOIGNORE"

for the Data-Backups and the same for the Log-Backups.

We have MaxDB database 7.8.02   Build 026-121-243-456.

Do you have an idea where can we do this configuration?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Noémi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Noémi,

Can you provide me more details on what you are actually trying to achieve here with the above modification ?

Where did you get the execute statement from ?

Regards,

Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yashwanth,

Thank you for your answer.

We are trying to schedule Data- and Log-Backups performed with the external backup tool "CommVault" in DB13, but these are failing with the following error messages:

The backups work fine, when we perform them at OS-level with the command below:

dbmcli -d <SID> -u control,<password> -c backup_start CVBackup_full recovery

This is the reason, why we would like to do the modification above.

Do you have an idea how we can fix this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Noémi

0 Kudos

Hi Noemi,

Thanks for the screenshots. I understand the problem now. Lets try this:

1) If you try to execute the same statement from the screenshot above from command line tool dbmcli, does it work ? let me know

"dbmcli -d SS1 -n <hostname> -uUTL -tpi <SID> -tpp no_longer_used -tpc <SID> backup_start CVBackup_full RECOVERY DATA AUTOIGNORE"

Are you SAP Customer ?

Regards, Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yashwanth,

Thanks for your further quidance.

Yes, if I execute the same statement from the command line, then it works.

Yes, we are SAP Customer.

Additionally, we have found the following error in "dbm.prt" :

A DBM Server client connection was established at 2014-08-13 22:30:25 (client process has process ID 3892 on computer ... ).

2014-08-13 22:30:25       8872 INF        421 DBMSrv   Command 'user_logon ...' was executed since 2014-08-13 22:30:25.

2014-08-13 22:30:25       8872 ERR     -24580 DBMSrv   ERR_COMMAND_FAILED: Command 'user_logon' has ended and failed with return code -24950.

8872 ERR     -24950 DBMSrv   ERR_USRFAIL: user authorization failed

2014-08-13 22:30:25       8872 INF          2 DBMSrvCo A DBM Server client connection was released (client process has process ID 3892 on computer ... ).

Thanks a lot and regards,

Noémi

0 Kudos

Hello Noemi,

It looks like a authorization problem. Error code -24950

-24950: ERR_USRFAIL - user authorization failed

Explanation
The authorization on the DBM server failed. The user name and/or the password used are not correct.

User Response
Enter the correct user/password combination and log on to the DBM server again. You can correct the user data for the database instance in the Database Manager GUI.

Here's my next recommendation:

Enter transaction DB59 -> Select MaxDB Instance and run a connection test to see if the users are correctly setup. If the tests fail with user authorization error, go to DB59 -> Integration data and update the user/password of DB Users and save. Do the connection test again.

If this is not the case, then please goahead and create a SAP ticket on component BC-DB-SDB - Our support team has to check the issue directly on the affected system.

Regards,

Yashwanth