Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Workflow Help Needed Urgently please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a BPM workflow

User A submits the request which goes to User B for review if rejected by user B the process stops but if approved then the amount is calculated using a decision table and based on the amount it will be routed to the respective users.

I did it till BPM part and created rules in the BRM part as well but dont know how to call this BRM in BPM.

Please help me its very very urgent.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer step 25 of this document to see how to create a web-service for your BRM ruleset.

Once the web service is ready, it can be imported anywhere for use.

1. In your BPM, right-click on the 'WSDL' folder and select 'Import WSDL'. You can import your BRM web-service here.

2. Then place an automated activity in your BPM process design and set the BRM service as the Service Reference property of the Automated activity.

3. Once this is done, you will see the Condition and Action values of your BRM decision table in the Input and Output mapping of the Automated Activity.

4. Map the values of BPM process context to the BRM condition values in the 'Input Mapping' and get the corresponding output in Output mapping (Action Values of decision table).

Refer step 12 in this document to see how to import a WSDL in your BPM Process.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please search on google, you will get lotss of good documents.

Hint: use mapping activity of BPM to refer to BRM.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4588

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I read this doc.But for user A the data objects are code,type and quantity while for User B one more field is added that is Comments and subsequently for the other users the additional fields or data objects added.in my use case

My question is for BRM which fields should be added in decision table ,whether it is for User A or all the fields involving all the fields.

Can you please guide with step by step doc if any ?I tried but couldnt find it anywherer covering BPM as well as BRM part in the same doc.

Thanks in advance

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How will a mapping activity call an external BRM web service? Please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see any statement which says use of a "external web service"!!! Please point to the line which you think gives you that essence..

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Point to the line?? Lolz

The question is regarding BRM. BRM is an external entity itself. Its a different perspective altogether (Business Rules Management, which is a part of Rules Composer). If you are creating rules inside a BPM DC itself, its not called BRM. They are just 'Rules'.

This essence (pretty obvious for any beginner) is more than enough for me.