Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM Installtion on Linux

former_member82170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to install IDM on linux and I would like ask if any suggestions on this.

I read couple of SCN Discussion and it is not clear that it can be installed on linux or not?

I request you to kindly suggest me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All IdM components but the current development tool (MMC, which is Microsoft Management Console and runs naturally only on Windows) can be installed on Linux.

I have never installed IdM to Linux but worked for couple of customers who have existing IdM installation (runtime + DB) on Linux.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasad,

I've installed the dispatchers on Linux several times. As Tero said, at the moment you cannot manage IDM from Linux, but the database and dispatchers can work from there.

This will change with version 8 of SAP IDM due out Q4 of this year.

For information on installing dispatchers on linux, take a look here: IdM Thoughtplace: Doing a LINUX Based Victory Lap

Matt

former_member82170
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt.

Do you have any Idea when "SAP Note# 2036858-SAP Identity Management 8.0" would be available for the customers.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasad,

The latest I've heard it that it will be available Q4.  I believe they are targeting mid October, but these things are tough to pin down exactly.

Matt