cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks for your answer.. The info. that you have given has lots more in it. and I am not an advanced user in crystal

Could you please make it short and simple ..

Scenario: We use Epicor (ERP software) for reporting and we have Crystal Runtime 2008 installed to run Crystal reports developed in XI R2

1) Reports designed in Crystal XI R2...

2) Run-Time I have now is Crystal 2008

Query: If I update my Report designer to Crystal 2013... Do I need to make any formatting changes that are already developed using Crystal XI?

If I don't need to make any Changes-> What version of Crystal Run-Time should be used for both 32 and 64 bit machines. Does Crystal 2008 run-time needs to be updated?

I am not sure about this statement : " you need to deploy the app as a 64 bit app you would need to useCR for VS 2010 / 2012 / 2013 to develop your app with version 13 runtimes and use the report designed in any of above CR designers"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You MUST check with Epicor if they support CR 2013. They are an OEM partner so they need to support this.

DO NOT upgrade to 2013 until you check with them first.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Bhushan and Don for the info.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum Members,

Please find the detailed info and the Issue I am having with Page headers and footers.

1) There is a sub-report in my report  (Results Section- > Image attached)

2) Changed the Orientation of the Sub-report to "Landscape"

3) Main Report is still "Portrait"

4) Ran the report in Epicor and I can see Page Headers and Footers are not centered.

*** Please find the screenshots attached (Report Issue and the Crystal design).

Could anyone of you in the group please help me out with this requirement.

Thanks,

Nani

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get Epicor to help you. If they cannot, it is their responsibility to come to us for support. As you are attempting to go, you are the middle man and that will not work.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Ludek...

I just wanted to at least try something to make it work from the suggestions by forum people before going to Epicor. I came to know that Epicor does support Crystal 2013 (Tested this).

The problem is not with Epicor now.. it is just with the Crystal Page Orientations and formatting in Crystal 2013. I have posted my observations yesterday...

Thanks,

Nani

0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

This post is marked as answered so now that you have it sorted out it's a simple design question to the Report Design forum:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports/

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Sorry to say this but No one in the forum suggested the solution for page orientations yet in Crystal 2013 apart from blaming Epicor.

Thanks,

Nani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

I mean I have posted the query about the page headers and footers when page orientation is set to landscape.

Thanks,

Nani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the trail version of Crystal Reports 2013. Modified the Sub-report section on one of my reports to "Landscape" -> Ran in Epicor and it went fine but the Footers and headers are not in the right place.. How can I fix this up...?? Something like into middle?

Please advise..

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post an image of what you're seeing and then describe exactly what you want to see?

-Dell

0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

I'm not sure if Epicor supports this property but in CR Designer when you print the report you get this UI:

check off the Center Page and save the report and see if that helps.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Don... I have only used the trail version of Crystal 2013 and yes Epicor does support this version.

check off the Center Page and save the report and see if that helps. -> Not sure how we do this...Could you please elaborate...Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the trail version of Crystal Reports 2013. Modified the Sub-report section on one of my reports to "Landscape" -> Ran in Epicor and it went fine but the Footers and headers are in the right place.. How can I fix this up...??

Please advise...

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Thanks for posting your query here.

However, this is a duplicate thread.

Close this thread and see my reply at http://scn.sap.com/message/15284436#15284436

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot see your answer??

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

Here are the answeres to your queries. I would try to be as specific as I can.

If I update my Report designer to Crystal 2013... Do I need to make any formatting changes that are already developed using Crystal XI?

- You would need to upgrade the reports. Open your report in CR 2013 designer, preview them and save them.

If I don't need to make any Changes-> What version of Crystal Run-Time should be used for both 32 and 64 bit machines. Does Crystal 2008 run-time needs to be updated?

- CR runtimes is nothing but a bunch of DLLs which support the execution of CR .NET APIs at runtime. Basically we need CR DLLs on the machine where we are deploying the application.

The CR runtime to be installed should be of the same version of CR DLLs (assemblies) used while developing.

Now, you have used CR 2008 assemblies (version 12) while development. But CR 2008 runtimes are not available for 64bit machine (for application compiled as X64), so even if you deploy the CR 2008 .NET application on a 64 machine, you would need to run the app in 32 bit mode only.

If it is ok with you to run the app in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit machine then you dont need to upgrade the app.

If you would like to deploy the application in 64 bit mode (compiling as X64), you would need to compile the application using CR for VS runtimes (version 13.0) because CR 13.0 provides 64 bit version of CR for VS 13.0 runtimes.

And to upgrade the application to CR 13.0 you would need VS 2010 / 2012 / 2013.

Let us know which one of above would be your choice and then I could give you the info to upgrade the app to use CR 13.0 assemblies and runtimes.

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.